• Show
Clear All

Berwick Race

Were the races Blown out on Sunday too?

It's been a tough year for weather.

Bruce

Comment

sunday was more river belching

i would say the sunday was more of the river belching logs, tires and debris from the sept flooding along with very swift currents than wind. other than that it will be a good race site. it did give the racers time to visit some of the vendors and support the community. i think ian's kids rode the mechanical bull for a while(3 hours).

frank

Comment

Berwick Race

I would like to give all that made the trip to Berwick a load of Thanks. Have talked to Berwick and they were disapointed that we could not race. I told them the racers were twice as disapointed that they could not race.

Mother nature gave us a slap. Chked the river flow and it went from a flow of 12.5 to 33.4 over fri nite into sat/sun. Thats a lot of water going down stream.

Again thanks to all and hope that a race at Berwick will bring twice as many participants next year.

Jim Tower

Comment

Berwick next year

Jim Tower....What are you looking at next year for a race date? I'll look forward to showing up myself. Please keep in mind the Crystal Lake race is sort of pigeon holed into our long standing date. It is a private lake that is offered to us with many pre-conditions. I would think that an October time frame for Berwick would boost your attendance as it would be one of the last races in the northeast. The date conflict thing this past season did not help either event and should be avoided somehow.
          better luck next year !
          Hunter III

Comment

hunter the region 3 race dates are
            May 19 & 20 - Millville, NJ
            June 9 & 10 - Lock Haven, PA
            6/30 & 7/1 or 7/7 & 8 - Berwick, PA
            September 1-3 - Lock Haven, PA
            October 6 & 7 - Millville, NJ
            spider pig, spider pig, spider pig does what'ever a spider pig does.

Comment

Working...
            X