Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lambertville,NJ Forty Year Celebration !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gunjumper View Post
    Yes camping is allowed. Looking foward to helping you get on the water. Region members will start showing up Friday morning for testing/pit setup. Greg
    Thanks
    Team Tower

Comment

Dust33 It is the Delaware River. Some local roads are Rt. 179, 202, 29, 31. Near New Hope,PA over bridge.
      Hope this helps!
      Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Dust33
        Hmmmm....dont' take me wrong, and with due respect to utility rollers and experienced marathoners, I need to ask: is the Lambertville grand prix / marathon-run set up such that a new sidefinner could REASONABLY (!!!) take part? I heard that the course was the standard oval that the hydros ran, but just more laps (and by "just" I don't intend to take away from the race...just asking because it would allow a rookie sidefinner like myself to potentially practice up on the long haul without relocating my fin). Following that, could rollers and siders compete equally on that course? Either way, Lambertville sounds great. Offering the name of the waterbody (river?) would also be helpful. Comments?
        If you go on Mapquest to Lambertville, switch to aerial photo, zoom in & look South of the 202 bridge- North of the wing dam, sorta favoring the Jersey side.. thats it.
        Team Tower

Comment

The CSR marathon would be an OUTSTANDING practice session in a new boat, side fin or rollup. No right handers, no need to move your fin, run your closed course setup. Might want to add another piece of foam to the floorboard, 10-20 laps of C's will make some interesting seas! Don't hesitate to ask for any info, about this race or any. Greg Lyons
          Future J dad!

Comment

Makin me wish I had a runabout,,

The oldy style utility can take the ruff, but wouldnt stay with the space age landing craft we call runabouts today lols:
            Running lights?? yup, so I can putter around awhile at dusk while the jets trailer up. [got hit parked ]
            Team Tower

Comment

Pot Luck Dinner

We are having a pot luck dinner at Lambertville.

We have the following: ham, turkey, cole slaw, brownies, plates, napkins.
              Please let me know what you would like to bring. srunne3@verizon.net Sheri
              SPORTMANSHIP expresses an aspiration that the activity will be enjoyed for its own sake, with proper consideration for fairness, ethics, respect and a sense of fellowship with one's competitors.

Comment

Got to get pass Franklin first & work out the bugs........should be at Lambertville with ASH,BSH. & Driver for Hire if needed.
                Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

Lambertville looking BIG!!!

Our club as a whole has put alot of effort into this race. Some highlights include: antique race boats on display, Boy Scouts running the concession stand for breakfast and lunch, ASR and CSR marathons, APBA trailer with merchandise, DVORA stand with T-shirts, Keystone Kettle Corn vendor, fresh shrimp vendor, jewelry vendor, ice cream stand, and a dinner Saturday night coordinated by Sheri Runne. Many thanks to Beth Maurer/Lyons and Betsy Runne for the prerace effort, the 40th annual Lambertville will be a great weekend. Oh yeah, the entry fees are $5 & $10! How's that for incentive?! Long term weather looks perfect, don't miss it...
                  Last edited by Gunjumper; 05-21-2009, 04:21 AM.
                  Future J dad!

Comment

And I repeat.... FIVE & TEN DOLLAR ENTRY FEES across the board.
                    Last edited by Gunjumper; 05-21-2009, 04:20 AM.
                    Future J dad!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunjumper View Post
                      And I repeat.... FIVE DOLLAR ENTRY FEES across the board.
                      Gunjumper it has $10.00 first class & then $5.00 for others. Not a big deal, just don't want to miss lead anyone. It's still very cheap & it will be an Awesome weekend!

Comment

I think the Delaware tides stop just South of Lambertville but water level & current speed are still subject to weather.
                        Team Tower

Comment

Before I launch off to the Garden State.... (again) would someone refresh me as to where do we (racers) stand with the NJ boater safety certificate requirement. And while we're at it, what's happening in PA where I think I read that all boats be registered?

Thanks - Alex 12A

Comment

Originally posted by ram95 View Post
                            Before I launch off to the Garden State.... (again) would someone refresh me as to where do we (racers) stand with the NJ boater safety certificate requirement. And while we're at it, what's happening in PA where I think I read that all boats be registered?

Thanks - Alex 12A
                            Several articles on this are up, it seems to be that you need a certificate. Your home state one is good here for 90 days at a time. Its also been suggested that an on site course might be available but.. thats rumor -not fact. Good Luck
                            Team Tower

Comment

Working...
                            X