D Mod/750 Mod Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My two cents

Yeah, don't mess with the intake ports. Just knife edge the bypass port for the first 1/2 to the port. Leave it untouched for the last 1/2 to the port.

Unless I missed something, I have not read ANY mention about the venturi sizes on KC carbs. There are a few rare exceptions, but for the most part, they range in size from 1 1/16th to 1 1/4"! As far as I'm concerned, only the 1 1/16th are worth messing with. The rest are too big!
    The KA carbs are good with 1". Nothing wrong with KA7's. I also used KA2's and KA9's. You can go big time fast with any of those.

It's not the size, but how you use it. Well...that's MY motto anyway.

Oh yeah... I wanna know who Elmer is too!
    Last edited by jeff55v; 12-30-2008, 10:14 PM. Reason: added

Comment

There are lots of differences in the KA series carbs, just look at the carb charts from Merc - If you have a master service manual then you will have this chart.

2, get a flow test on a proper bench done and you will see why you do not touch the intake ports and why KC carbs are hard to get to work.

Elmer = Carl to his friends (Iron Fist is available at most books stores.)
      Dave Scott
      Aim Marine Inc.
      613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
      Ottawa, Canada
      http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
      DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

arrrrgh

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
        who's this Elmer cat???? Them **** Tohatsu fumes must be getting ya all crazy and chit!
        Yeah Daren... no kidding! Brain got all fogged up. Managed to delete the message I was referring to, but not the one you quoted. Thx pal! Obviously I was drifting a bit.

I still like that bumper sticker, ie: "Earth first... we'll log Saturn later" and the other favorite from the Great Northwest: "Tired of logging?... try wiping yer butt with saran wrap".

Okay.. that's it... got to wind up the Dodge and go move some snow.

Did you get your parts?

alex

Comment

Working...
        X