missed some financials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raceright View Post
    I submit this, what if APBA gave an assoiate membership to everyone who purchased a new outboard from dealers either in some regions or the whole USA take the funds from all the catergory budjets or general fund and place in the Propeller list of all races with addresses Dates approximate start times through out the country (not my Idea is one of Robbies about self promotion) I would rather see all catergories have more members and the bank account have less money
    Tony, I think Pat meant EVERY FISHING MOTOR sold in the US.

It would be a good idea ... the expense would be in buying the mailing lists from all of the outboard makers and importers. They would not give up their mailing list for free ... big mailing lists are enormously expensive to buy.
    Last edited by sam; 10-14-2007, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
      Tony, I think Pat meant EVERY FISHING MOTOR sold in the US.

It would be a good idea ... the expense would be in buying the mailing lists from all of the outboard makers and importers. They would not give up their mailing list for free ... big mailing lists are enormously expensive to buy.

Thats nice that AOF does this but yes I did mean all dealers selling outboards to the general public not just to boat racers, good idea but only part of what should be done. And I believe that some of our members who
      have influance at several Outboard MFG. Should see if the MFG (thinking merc here Fred) would give this out as a complementary item at time of sale it is also another closing tool for a sale. Hey free membership and magazine subscription to the oldest racing orginization in USA.
      Only a positive for all

Pat

Comment

Sam, and Pat,
        Thanks for the clarification. Good idea. HOwever, you don't need to go that big. Send the motor suppliers, Bass, Montoya, LItzell, Sidewinder, Hall, some certificates for a free one years' membreship just like AOF does. It is at leat a start and then you don't need a mailing list.
        Instead of buying lists, find the trade magazines and offer the certificates for APBA membership with so much money spent. Those who sell like to give things away even if they aren't used, it makes them look good.
        Ever tried to download some new softwear? You get free subscriptions to a lot of things on a trial basis. You just never know when giving something away might help.
        While we are on that subject, another thing that AOF has done, is give a free yearly membership to a racer who brings in a new racer. Again, what are you losing? One could argue that you would be losing one free membership, but are you? Would the racer have pushed as hard to get a new member if the free membership was not offered? Maybe not. After the sale then the thing to do is make the person realize just how great boat racing is and he will be back, hopefully getting another friend in and using the free membership himself the next year.
        Tony

Comment

PS, just wanted to say that none of this is all that new. NOA, almost as old as APBA, and what evolved into AOF used tactics like this for years. That ol Claude Fox was a promotions genius.

Comment

Originally posted by AOFoffice View Post
            Sam, and Pat,
            Thanks for the clarification. Good idea. HOwever, you don't need to go that big. Send the motor suppliers, Bass, Montoya, LItzell, Sidewinder, Hall, some certificates for a free one years' membreship just like AOF does. It is at leat a start and then you don't need a mailing list.
            Instead of buying lists, find the trade magazines and offer the certificates for APBA membership with so much money spent. Those who sell like to give things away even if they aren't used, it makes them look good.
            Ever tried to download some new softwear? You get free subscriptions to a lot of things on a trial basis. You just never know when giving something away might help.
            While we are on that subject, another thing that AOF has done, is give a free yearly membership to a racer who brings in a new racer. Again, what are you losing? One could argue that you would be losing one free membership, but are you? Would the racer have pushed as hard to get a new member if the free membership was not offered? Maybe not. After the sale then the thing to do is make the person realize just how great boat racing is and he will be back, hopefully getting another friend in and using the free membership himself the next year.
            Tony
            There is no such thing as to big you do all of the above and by reaching
            people other than drivers you will grow(already have people that buy from Bass litzell Hall and so on want to reach new blood). Never think about what you might lose when Markrting only think about what you will gain (But do not be stupid of course) Negatives will destroy a Marketing capagain have to stay positive I repeat one of my earlier comments, once said to a senior marketing director with IBM what is the best form of advertizing his answer
            was all of the above. Don't need a mailing list if dealers hand out free membership at time of sale..(has to be that post office thing Tony LOL
            Pat Wright

Comment

Originally posted by AOFoffice View Post
              PS, just wanted to say that none of this is all that new. NOA, almost as old as APBA, and what evolved into AOF used tactics like this for years. That ol Claude Fox was a promotions genius.
              Should of kept doing this then
              Pat

Comment

Working...
              X