Rest in peace Ken Hall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kenny Hall - A big Man!

I attended the "Closing Ceremony" For Kenny Hall. A most dear friend. Way back in 1963 at Tacaoma Lake Maine... at my very first race.. running D hydro...... (on a Sid Craft) I blew it over on the first heat 3rd lap. Ken Hall helped me dry out the motor. I had a spare mag. We slapped it on. I got a 3rd overall in D Hydro.... the start of my boat racing career. I ran against the usual criminals... Stan Armstrong, Clark Maloof, Glasses Neely, Larry Castegneto, Joe Jackson..., but I'll never forget Kenny Hall helping me out. Kenny was a big man... Bigger than life as life moved on. I was gone 45 years... viet nam... middle east... etc... back in 2006 at Standish Maine, I ran into Kenny Hall!! Whoa!!! Kenny says... "I remember you"... Wholly crap! Cause, I can remember Kenny!!... along with a bunch of others (and their off-spring). That was in 2006. In 2007 I called Kenny told him I was thinking of running a Tohatsu on an O'Connor hydro. I told Kenny I knew there was a lot of animosity toward the Tohatsu. Kenny's words were "go for it". Kenny clearly saw that the Mercury Marine heyday was long overwith. Bobby 'suicide' Oconnor had decided to build me a boat and Kemnny and I tested it. It was Kenny's motivation and encouragement that kept me running. But it was not just for me. Kenny's motivation for countless others caused them to find a worth in life and the happiness it affords. Kenny was a big man. His involvment with the Corvette Grand Sport and its ultimate developement into a second-to-none production machine in todays Z06 Corvette are but one small contribution this big man has made. I am privileged to have been personally associated with Kenny Hall.
    Alex
    AKA The Mad Russian

Comment

Working...
    X