Rest in peace Ken Hall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest in peace Ken Hall

It is with sadness that we inform the racing community of the passing of Kenny Hall. Kenny was a fierce competitor in the CSH & DSH classes and proudly wore his 1958 SSOA Championship jacket to every race. (Resized in later years!!). Perhaps he was best known for his engine work around the 4 cylinder Mercury's as he had a hand in many Championship engines. Although he was known to embellish a little on the stories from the days of yester-year, there was no denying that he was an accomplished wrench.

Kenny had returned to the sport for the past ten years and never attended a race without towing some type of SSOA equipment to and from the the event. He will be missed by all of us that were touched by his kindness.

South Shore Outboard

Services are Monday January 27
    Blake Funeral Home
    24 Worthen Street
    Chelmsford, MA
    4:00 - 7:00 PM
    Last edited by TPLACE31; 01-25-2014, 07:36 AM.

Chops............

My condolences. Ken helped me back in the 70's when i started running DSH. I spent many hours in his workshop and at the Maine Lakehouse dialing in engines.

What a sad loss to Region 1.......
    here are a couple pics from the Maine Lake House in like 1977.

Matt D.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Matt Dagostino; 01-24-2014, 01:02 PM.

Comment

My condolences to the Hall family. A great guy,and a gift to boat racing that will missed by many. So sorry to hear the news.

Comment

Chops

A great friend to me and a great friend to boat racing. "Chops" will be missed. Condolences to Sandy and family.

Comment

Ken really was a great guy. Super friendly and helpful to new racers and veterans alike. He was one person I always sought out in the pits- always had something useful, helpful, or funny to say. A real treasure.

Please keep us informed about any arrangements.
          Jake

Comment

So sorry to hear. I met Ken at the Haverhill race Iwhen remember him giving me a hard time about my boat being so big and the look on his face when I told him it was so I could get across the four footers.

Comment

So sorry to hear. I met Ken at the Haverhill race I can remember him giving me a hard time about my boat being so big and the look on his face when I told him it was so I could get across the four footers.

Comment

chops

I am in total sock at the loss my good racing friend and mentor,rest in peace buddy

Comment

It is a very sad day for me and my son. Ken has been there for me these past 2 years getting me started in dsh, He will be missed be all. It will be hard not seeing that face next to the trailer pushing me after every race to go harder.

we love you ken.

Comment

Services for Ken will be Monday at the Blake Funeral Home in Chelmsford from 4 to 7

Comment

Sorry to here this....Chops is a Great Guy. god Bless Kenny.
                      Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

A few years go when I began coming down to Standish and Kingston to race
                        D ClassicH with my 'Mercs of Many Colors', I would see Ken standing close by giving me the critical eye.
                        We did not know each other then, and his remarks and questions to me were very polite and respectful.
                        I quickly figured this guy knew some thing about 4 cylinders, and soon it was I asking the questions,
                        and getting straight answers. Discussing the Super Thunderbolt rule with him, he took a stick and in the sand
                        drew a pic of the tuner profile he thought I should use. I took his advice.
                        A man I will miss.
                        Brian Hendrick, #66 F
                        "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Kenny has gone on ahead of us to that place where all Kiekhaefer mags put out 40,000-V "all day long" and every race day is sunny and mild. He leaves behind "Pinky" and the rest of us to miss him at every APBA and AOMCI meet. R.I.P. Kenny

Comment

To a long time friend..Thanks for all the help with the 20 H. I can still hear it!!! R.I.P. my buddy

Comment

I loved that man. Every single time I saw him, he had a big smile and an even bigger hug for me. He was so very special and he made others feel just as special. I feel sad at this loss. RIP.
                              Twisted Sister

Comment

Working...
                              X