No announcement yet.

Haverhill Help for a hydro guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark you top-o guys should know. How much fuel will I need to go the 28.5 miles with my 302? WILD BILL

Comment

How much do we need for 28.5 miles ???

Can someone help us out here?? CSR rookie dosn't want a pit stop
      6gal or 3gals what is going to take

Comment

Well, first attempt at a test run got postponed this weekend. I thought I was 99% done and ready to make a quick run up and down the river to see if I can drive / turn this thing and shake out any bugs and discovered a bug before we even got it on the trailer. Filling it with gas and wondering how much gas it would hold (like some others I see) and find gas leaking out of the (in deck) right hand tank. New project! tear into the right deck and fix this gas issue! Can you believe - wooden tanks! - coated with some sort of goo that evidently holds up OK to gas but possibly not water. Tore that all out, - now I'm thinking PVC pipe tank to go back in it's place. The computer says 4" diameter 24" long equals 1.6 gallons. I'm thinking 2 of em just a little longer plus I'll still be packing 3 gallons on the other side.

--- I'm thinking 5.5 to 6 gallons. But what do I know I'm yet to even get this thing to the beach, let alone get off the beach in it. (or run 28 miles)

Comment

When I asked that ? for running CSR in the TOP O I was told that 6 gallons would be plenty & we are doing 40 something miles per day .
          Latter Race Team 20SSH/CSH/OSY400 /AXSH
          The eh TEAM
          "We'll burn that bridge when we come to it"

Comment

So after last week's gas "incident" I'm going to build a PVC pipe tank. Has anyone done this? Should I use PVC cement or west system to attach / seal the tank? I have all the parts but as I read on the PVC cement it seems it's petroleum based, is the gas going to re-activate / re-goo the cement?

Comment

How many days til the race????
              I can't wait!
              Twisted Sister

Comment

Working...
              X