Haverhill Help for a hydro guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haverhill Help for a hydro guy

Is there a minimum height for 25ssR with a mercury?
    consulted my online rulebook and could not find heights.

Or better yet what height should I be at running a 25xs on a large runabout in the marathon?

Mr Brewster, you mentioned either here or on facebook that you tested the world's slowest CSR, just curious how fast that was - PM if embarrased

Jim

2011 SOMOPRO RULES ON APBA download page

Jim

page 4 shows depth is 1 3/8 for Merc in 25ssR

Hope you don't go too fast, I'll need to follow somebody!!!

Pete
    Don't laugh.....it's borrowed!!

Comment

Thanks Pete, back to the table saw!

What are you running?

Would you run deeper then that? I'm going to leave 1/4 inch for shims.

Comment

DSR hopefully

Jim
        As for the setup I would speak with Craig Bowman as that is one of his former classes, and of course, what ever you were using for wheels would dictate amount of shims. I would like to run without any shims, so fewer of them would slip out. Control on the narrow parts of the course is more important than top end. As for me, I plan on running the D. WILL BE IN THE GERIATRIC DIVISION with Steve Noury and Alex. Hopefully Alex will have the right engine on this year, AND Steve will have his engine together and have a boat that can keep the water on the right side of the bottom!
        Six laps??????

Pete

Comment

25 ssr

I plan to join the AARP CSR club for the Have- r- hill . bone bend .. Shawn

Comment

Forget that crap about control in the narrow parts. You want total out of control top end. See you all there. WILD BILL.
            Attached Files

Comment

5-a

Jimmy - Call Uncle Richie for the set - up on the 25SSR. As I recall, he was an expert on runabouts and pretty much any other subject that you brought up!!

If you get a chance, Davey Young may be your best bet for advice. He ran the 25SSR in last years race and could also give you an idea on how much fuel to pack.

31-A

Comment

Ha ha - I stopped by Richies this week in fact. He said he bought your setup off the scales ... and yes, he also said he was an expert on everything.

Comment

I for one cannot wait for this race!
                  And I am a big fan of many in the GERIATRIC DIVISION.
                  The groupies may want autographs after the race so remember your spectacles please. Tie a string around your finger or write yourselves a note.

Lulu
                  Twisted Sister

Comment

Steve how many miles was last years marathon? WILD BILL

Comment

Haverhill

Hi
                      Is the water salt/fresh/or something else? Does everybody start at the same time or per class? or something else?

Jim Tower 118P

Comment

Haverhill

Jim,

The Merrimac river is tidal, with around a 6 foot elevation the day of race, the race location is a little over 18 miles to the Atlantic, but is more brackish water than salt.

Typically around 3 to 6 knot current most likely at the highest.

Not sure is is staggered start but is from the beach down the closed course and then up the river.

6 laps of 4.72 mile long course finish line in front of the race sponsor, "The Crescent Yacht Club".

hope this helps
                        Pete

Comment

LuLu - Make sure that you are there early, this years Marathon starts at 11:30 AM for two reasons: 1. the water level will be at its highest, 2. Most of the AARP members have to nap by 4:30PM. (Your additional windshield displays are in the mail)

Wild Bill - 4.71 miles per lap. Last year we ran 18.84 miles, this year with the two additional laps it will be 28.26.

Jim Tower - The river is effected by the tides and that is the reason for starting at 11:30 AM, when the water level is at its highest. We are so far up river that there is no issue with salt or brackish concerns. Last year we started all 18 boats together. We will make that call at Drivers Meeting depending upon entries.

Stay tuned for an official roll call thread that will list the Saturday's time line of events and the closed course racing schedule.

Comment

Thanks Steve. Sounds like I will run out of gas this year. IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE. Can we make it 5 laps for the over 60 year old guys? "The Antique Class" OLD WILL BILL

Comment

Aw now, Bill, as fast as you go, it will only add a little time to the marathon.
                              Originally posted by score69 View Post
                              Thanks Steve. Sounds like I will run out of gas this year. IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE. Can we make it 5 laps for the over 60 year old guys? "The Antique Class" OLD WILL BILL

Comment

Working...
                              X