Thompson News-Desiato Whacks Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thompson News-Desiato Whacks Competition

Been getting updates from Stacy on the NE Divisionals today. Qualifying classes were ASH, CSH, 20ssH, ASR, CSR, 25ssR.

ASH-Another chapter in the Cinderella story that is Earl Desiato's comeback. After a twenty year hiatus from the sport he has returned in dominating fashion. After winning his first race back in ASR at Millville Earl said, "This runabout stuff is to easy, I'm gonna have to get a hydro too." Now he has captured a qualifying spot in the finals at the Stock Nationals at Wakefield.

CSH-There were fifteen boats in CSH. Top three in the first elim were Scott Clark, Shannon Bowman, and Billy Allen. Second elim was Troy Gladkowski, Richie Palmer, and Chip Fuller. Billy Allen backed into another overall first place when the other 11 boats jumped the gun in the final heat.

20ssH-No Qualifier as Capt. America showed up from Region 4 to show those Yankees the way around the course.

25ssR-Mike Cooke has been MIA for most of the 2006 season. He was certainly not absent today as he took home the win in 25ssR. He captured a first heat victory, followed by Jason Thompson, and Scott Reed. Second heat was Reed, followed by Cookie, and Thompson.

No results yet on ASR or CSR.
    Ryan Runne
    9-H
    Wacusee Speedboats
    ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

First heat of ASR was AJ Jennings, Greg Lyons, Earl Desiato, Jillian Davids. Second heat will be run tommorrow along with CSR as they had to stop racing at 6:30.
    Ryan Runne
    9-H
    Wacusee Speedboats
    ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

Comment

Ricky Bobby

Did "Ricky Bobby" Pond travel to the northeast divisionals to run his 20ssh???

Comment

I heard he was fast as hell, but Capt. America was able to get it done overall.
        Ryan Runne
        9-H
        Wacusee Speedboats
        ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

Comment

AJ Jennnings was able to capture the divisional title in ASR this morning, pre-qualifying for the finals. In CSR there were only 6 boats. Worm won the first heat, followed closely by Scott Reed, and Mike Cooke. Second heat was taken by Reed, second was Worm, third Mike Cooke. Wormy won on time. Some other results from yesterday-CMH was won by Scott Clark, BMH was won by Billy Allen.

Sunday they went to one heat racing to try and fit everything in.

25ssR-Mike Cooke
          CSR-Jerry Davids
          ASR-Greg Lyons
          Ryan Runne
          9-H
          Wacusee Speedboats
          ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

Comment

Desiato

There was a guy named Oreste (or something like that) Desiato that ran AU in region 3 and 4 back in the 60's. He didn't win often but he was a real gentleman. Is Earl any relation?

Comment

Hunt,

Earls father Al Desiato ran AU in the 60's. Earl started running JU in the 60's against my dad.

More Results

CSH-Shannon Bowman
              ASH-Earl "The Hitman" Desiato
              20ssH-Capt. America
              Ryan Runne
              9-H
              Wacusee Speedboats
              ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

Comment

Ryan, I think Al was Earl's uncle. Oreste, nicknamed Rusty was Earl's father. I ran against Rusty and he always had his wife, Earl and his sisters Gail and Sally with him at the races.

Comment

Go Earl!

Is this the same Earl who was scratching his head at Sharptown and claiming he was "still trying to figure this hydro out." Fast learner, you
                  carpetbagger

Comment

Bill is right, Rusty is Earls father. He is in his eighties now and still busting Earls butt! Albert is his uncle, he is an excellent Auto mechanic living near Lake Hopatcong, N.J. John 2-Z
                    John Runne
                    2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Ryan Runne!

"Billy Allen backed into another overall first place when the other 11 boats jumped the gun in the final heat."

Excuse me, little whipper snapper, there's a difference between using your head and watching the clock and "backing into" things. Brain power vs. motor power.

You best watch what you BACK INTO the next time I see you.
                      Twisted Sister

Comment

L. Allen-Twistahd Sisstah

Go Girl-on the Brian Power vs Horsey Power!

Warbs
                        64*W

Comment

The best quote I have heard about this subject is when Tom Moulder told me "You either out run them or you out smart them".

Rick Miller
                          34-0

Comment

Originally posted by L. Allen
                            "Billy Allen backed into another overall first place when the other 11 boats jumped the gun in the final heat."

Excuse me, little whipper snapper, there's a difference between using your head and watching the clock and "backing into" things. Brain power vs. motor power.

You best watch what you BACK INTO the next time I see you.
                            Laurie you know I'm just bustin' his balls. He always told me, if you're gonna jump the gun you are just wasting your time. Gotta keep it legal to get points.
                            Ryan Runne
                            9-H
                            Wacusee Speedboats
                            ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

Comment

"I didn't know hydro's could back up!" -Jill Davids
                              "I don't want to just live life, I want to live an extraordinary life." - Kevin Ladd

Comment

Working...
                              X