No announcement yet.

New Boats 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike, it's early fall I wouldn't get to upset. Plus more and more people don't post. I built a boat last summer and didn't take the time to post here because it was easier to post to my Facebook page. Finally more and more people want composite boats and they are more expensive to build so some guys are saving their money or just sticking with what they have. A lot of boats are slated to be build this winter in the Midwest but don't know if pics will be posted here. I do enjoy this thread though. I'll try and get a couple pics of my mid season build up.
    Joe Silvestri
    CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
    JH/JR

Comment

Thanks Joe.. Hope you are right.. I am really not upset just saying it seems awful slow.. Hope some projects get started after hunting season is done..
      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

That is so true Mike, I think the 250/350 boat will make a good mod boat too. It is wide enough to carry the weight and still get the job done. Check it out!!!!

Comment

Mike Pavlick is building me a C Hydro this winter, hopefully he will post a few pictures as the project progresses.

Comment

Originally posted by 14J View Post
            Mike Pavlick is building me a C Hydro this winter, hopefully he will post a few pictures as the project progresses.
            Someone's excited... Don't jump the gun first race out.
            http://vitalire.com/

Comment

• j hydro racer
              j hydro racer commented
              Editing a comment
              Troy jumps the gun every heat

We are waiting to see what the new J rules are before we start building anything...

Comment

I know of at least two new D stock rigs being built for racers in region 10...as well as quite a few C stock hulls, as well as a new crop of J boats coming up soon....I just got a sheet of honeycomb, as well as cockpit side material etc. Looking around for a small roll of carbon fiber as well. As I type this I am drawing up new plans for an updated Tohatsu D stock hull....I love my four year old boat, but like I said in another thread I have trouble keeping the nose down on it. I am making some very subtle changes to new design...moving the CG ever so slightly, changing the lift by 1/8 inch, you get the idea. When I start construction next week I will post pics....it's kinda cool to watch something like this come together. 3US

Comment

Going to be building a new composite CSR in a few weeks for Howie Nichols, so I'll try and post a few pictures of the progress. This will be the G2 version of the one he ran this season.
                Chris Fabbro 2-F CSR / Carson Fabbro 95-F 25ssr, CSR, CSH, 300SSH / Greg Fabbro 63-F CSR, 25SSR

Comment

Just ordered plans and patterns for a Sorensen Runabout.

Comment

Started cutting out pieces for new DSH hull...composite bottom, carbon fiber cockpit sides, should be pretty nice. Will take some pics in a few days. What are builders using to glue composite together?

Comment

hysol?

Comment

Dave give me a call.

Comment

Bottom of boat is all installed.. Ready for final sanding, putty and finish

Comment

Guest commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Do you still use nails to put your boat together? Why?

Thanx for the info Will. For those of you that don't know, Will Smoot works for System 3 and is a great resource for epoxy etc.....

Comment

after two weeks of brutal cold we had a reprieve and I was able to wet sand the epoxy and apply the first coat of varnish.. One more wet sand and final coat of epoxy and then we can flip it over.. Cant believe I lost two weeks due to Mother natures attitude but at least we dont have 5 feet of snow

Comment

Working...
                            X