No announcement yet.

Kingston 2015 APBA PRO Nationals and MOD NAC's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Herbie says: Mr. Weaver your math seems a little fuzzy. You keep dropping classes for a lack of Pro Boats. Where did 125R, 350H and 1100R go? Herbie along with others counted the actual pro entries leaving out the antiques, K pro and OSY. We come up with less that 20 entries....and you call that a PRO Nationals and "going on the right path"?

To those urging a get back together merger with the USTS, you my wish to do some home work to understand what caused the break up in the first place. Herbie will give you one hint: Costs to the entrants. Looking at entries at USTS events it seems to be working well. There are some very savvy business men sitting on the USTS board. they have a sharp eye out for what the racers and spectators want. Cities are now contacting the board requesting races in their city. The cost of putting on a race is going up to those cities. These monies are passed on to the racers in the form of show money.

Comment

Would like to thank David, Christy and everyone from CVRA for putting on a great race with such harsh weather! Joyce and Nikki road out the weather as usual and did a great job! Jerry or Dave, not sure now what his real name is but Mr Davids did a great job keeping the race going by moving the corse around so we could keep racing during the weather conditions! The town of Kingston was awesome, showing how a town can work as one. I hate to see the controversial comments on this thread because my family and I had great time and will definitely be there next year to enjoy it again. Jimmy

Comment

In response to Herbie (above),

Herbie, my math is spot on. The race committee cannot help that another event was scheduled against this race and it cannot help that a number of boats sat at home instead of going to any race. BTW, tell me what the entry fees were for the Kingston event before you spout off (hint, lower than just about any other event in the country). This is a well sponsored race and CVRA will mail tow money in excess of $11,000 at the end of this month. The "right direction" I mentioned means that we had more entries than the previous year; we put on good, entertaining races; and that we are planning a bigger and better event for next year. In the future, if this race gets 250 entries that are predominantly Modified Outboard, I will consider that a success if it pleases the Sponsors.

The combination of MOD and PRO classes worked very well together in terms of putting on an entertaining show for the SPECTATORS!! We all worked together and hustled to help one another. We appreciate the trailers that hauled made the long trip from Region 10 to race with us.

Again, this thread is about the event just completed and the one being planned for next year. I welcome constructive criticism from informed individuals that wish to improve the 2016 event. We made a lot mistakes in terms of logistics this year and will address those next year (we, the race committee, have returned all our compensation in recognition of these mistakes). But, we did react to suggestions made by the race teams and the City following the 2013 and 2014 races. And will continue to do so.

Herbie and anyone else, please start your own thread should you wish to discuss some matter other than improving this event or what you might have enjoyed about the racing on the water.

David
        David Weaver

Comment

Wayne says Herbie / Jerry is a CLOWN. Your stupid screen names was called out at Depue 2 years ago by your own people so grow up and start using you real name. Don't worry about boat racing since you only show up to one every 2 years and make dumb comments on here because you dont have the stones to say it in person. Stop bringing up the title series when most of the races 250 & 350 hydro has less than 5 boats and 500/700/1100 cant get enough on the water. we had (7) 500ccrs/ 5 or 6 700ccrs ( 5 ) 1100ccrs ( because those drivers just want to race and went to both races ) (10) 125cchs (6) 175cchs.....ooops my math is better than yours because i just past 20 entries.
          sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Its sad that the only people that hurt our sport and talk trash are the ones that don't even race anymore. Thats a FACT
            sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

I can say a lot about this subject having been a Pro Commissioner for many years,but as with most of Boat racing problems it would do no good. David is correct keep the laundry in the laundry room this not the site for these discussions,and there will not be one made that will change a thing.

Comment

Great time racing in Kingston again! Tip of the hat to Christy, David, Joyce, Jerry and everyone else! Still, one of the best sites I'll ever attend to go racing. Just watch out for the 'boats' in the concessions, those will really get you! Proud of my little buddy Daniel runnin with the big kids in 750mh. I'm sure glad Jerry put on the top-end prop and not the punch-prop, that run to the first turn looked hairy!

The additions of the Mods we're an unbelievable success. If there is any writing on the wall to be read, the combination of the Pro / Mods for the 2017 Nationals will bring in several hundred boats to have a great weekend of boating; and in my opinion, might just be a long-term-solution to a single-location Nationals, if the Mod Commission chooses to go that way. Centrally located for the Mod group and already well attended for just a handful of NACs.

USTS will eventually fall back under the scope of APBA, that is certain. Maybe next year, maybe the following, it's just a matter of time as neither of the groups are standing on their own two-feet successfully. I'm excited to see it happen, as I will be sending a trailer full of 125's, 250's, 350's and 1100r's from Region 10 to the 5/6 USTS/APBA events that happen each year. I love the excitement of all the fast boats going to the first turn and Ray yelling out Holllllly Buckets from the stands filled with people, the gut-wrenching sweet teas and lemonades that I can never seem to get enough of and the big grins of the other competitors when we make it back to the beach after a hard-fought battle.

I look forward to going back to Kingston in 2016 and beyond (especially now that there's a direct flight into Nashville!).

OSY Chump 7 out of 8 years, 4th place in 125h and 3rd in 700r, John Peeters.
                http://vitalire.com/

Comment

Some follow-up items. It is always hard to remember all the people that need to be thanked. Buddy Tennell deserves an award for all the time and effort he put forth throughout this event, as the risk manager. Having 2 pit areas only increased his responsibilities. A number of drivers towed equipment to the race site and will return to Region 4 central in time for the Wilson race. Thanks to Buddy, Herb Lampear, Tom Burwinkle and Chris Johnson. Tom and Nikki Burwinkle seemed to everywhere. Tom - Towed the equipment trailer, unloaded rescue boats, towed in broken down boats and hauled out the rescue boats. His reward? Tom got race 350cc Mod hydroplane on Friday in probably the worst water of the weekend!! Most importantly, just about everyone contributed by helping with small things and remaining flexible. Thank you to all that came to Kingston!
                  David Weaver

Comment

• runabout333
                    runabout333 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Pros and Mods are a good combination.

• Rex Hall
                    Rex Hall commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just an F.Y.I. the U.S. Title Series will again run in Springfield Ill. on the 4th of July weekend next year so plan your race with this in mind.

• JWarren
                    JWarren commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mods don't run the title series FYI! I will be in Kingston with all our mod stuff! Get your own thread. May have a 125 next year as well. Jimmy

Steve Dunn Racing will be in Kingston in 2016

Comment

Awesome race, awesome town, awesome fire works, and I should mention awesome time. Kingston may be the only race that I have ever seen where 50+ % of the racers were still in the pits late the evening they normally would have left, enjoying each others company.The conducting club did a wonderful job of putting on the race dispite the weather conditions. Herb Lanphear Racing will certainly be back in 2016 and forward! Did I mention AWESOME!!!!

Comment

As bad as our trip up to Kingston was, everything changed when we arrived. Sure we had some bad weather, sure we had to expand the pits due to more racers showing up than was planned for, sure we drove Buddy Tennell bananas (that was kind of fun), and sure we had a few issues with equipment after we arrived. BUT.........all in all it was a great time. We made friends with some locals (who's son and daughter are drag racers) and put them to work. We made new friends with mod racers we had never met, and helped each other out all weekend. The races were run off in a timely fashion (even the raft race). It would be extremely hard to say we won't be back.......... we will. Thanks to all that made this happen. A wonderful time was had by all........

Comment

• David Weaver
                        David Weaver commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Charley raised an interesting point, the locals love racing! We got a young man to try J hydro last year. We had another ready to go this year, but the poor weather prevented any testing and we were not just going to send him out. I am excited that youngsters in the area have an interest. Also, the legendary Pugh family has a J/K PRO in Knoxville for the future! It all starts with the kids.

Weaver;n435974]Some follow-up items. It is always hard to remember all the people that need to be thanked. Buddy Tennell deserves an award for all the time and effort he put forth throughout this event, as the risk manager. Having 2 pit areas only increased his responsibilities. A number of drivers towed equipment to the race site and will return to Region 4 central in time for the Wilson race. Thanks to Buddy, Herb Lampear, Tom Burwinkle and Chris Johnson. Tom and Nikki Burwinkle seemed to everywhere. Tom - Towed the equipment trailer, unloaded rescue boats, towed in broken down boats and hauled out the rescue boats. His reward? Tom got race 350cc Mod hydroplane on Friday in probably the worst water of the weekend!! Most importantly, just about everyone contributed by helping with small things and remaining flexible. Thank you to all that came to Kingston![/QUOTE]

Comment

Pushed smart phone buttons with fat fingers& screwed up. Having two good sites although seems like it might be difficult came off ok. Problems with capsules is not due to two sites at once but we lost almost half of drivers for one reason or another over last years numbers. But two great cities want boat racing over the 4th so be it.

Comment

Working...
                        X