Illinois Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois Racing

Hello, I live in the Peoria IL area and looking to get into a J/A hydro which my son and I can share. Wondering if there are any racers in the Peoria area and also why there dont seem to be many in Illinois - there appears to be places to race.

Matt

NBRA will be racing at Jacksonville Il.in Sept and Centralia Il in Aug Also 3 races over in Missouri.
    Art K

Comment

illinois racing

Hi Matt,
      MRC will be hosting a race in Rockfalls IL june 28-29th.
      I live a little ways east of Bloomington IL, and would be happy to help you get started.
      Gene Schertz 26V
      TEAM CAFFEINE
      Cranked up and ready to Roll
      Reeds for Speed!

Comment

Ill.

You have 2 good people in the post above me. Great place to ask for help by the way. Im sure you will get more responses as well. There are many around you in the Depue area. Best thing is they all will see that you get going. Good luck.

Todd

Comment

Matt,

I am living in Peoria and would love to help you out. Shoot me a PM.

Jay

Comment

See...?

Matt, as I said, just ask, and you'll have to beat them off.

Racers, Matt & I have exchanged emails, he's 5'6" 155lbs, with 8yr old son. JSH/ASH is perfect for them, can share 1 rig for a few years, get son into JSH program @ 9+, meet other kids, get the fever.
            Get him into a boat come Spring for a few laps, torture him until he agrees to racer school, and find him a starter J-ASH with fresh rebuilt OMC.
            Have him join a club as non-racer for insurance, somebody take him under wing as pit crew at races to help rig/launch/retrieve,...drink beer after racing.

Matt, you'll have ton o'fun, great clubs/community in IL,.... they're rabid in WI.
            Join closest club, engage as volunteer as crew for a racer & cornerboat flag duty, best seat in the house to watch, and you'll learn alot.
            Cheers,
            Erik
            Stock Outboard Racing!....because other sports,....golf, football, baseball, etc....only require one Ball!

Comment

racers

Hi Matt,
              There are a bunch of us racers near Chicago and west out to DeKalb and Rockford.

My kids race J and I'm in Peoria weekly for work. Send a PM and we can meet up with Jay in Peoria and talk racing.

Mike Pavlick

Comment

Thanks guys. Its great to know there are a lot of people relatively close - especially Jay! I've heard from quite a few racers willing to help me out including Michael Mackey from MRC. Ill definitely get ahold of you to see about meeting face to face and coming up with a plan.

Matt
                East Peoria, IL

Comment

Where will the race at Rock Falls take place. Rock River ?

Comment

Rock Falls IL

Rockfalls IL is June 28-29th.

The race is on the Rock River between the **** and the bridge for the Main Street that runs through town. Hopefully someone can remember the name of the park that it's at.

Mike

Comment

**** = dam.

So it's located between the bridge and the dam.

Mike

Comment

Wt

Isn't 155 to heavy for J?

Comment

Rock Falls race

This race site goes back a few years, I'll try to share a few things from memory of years ago. Keep in mind I don't know what this years' event will be like, but I'm sure it'll be great!
                          For many years it was named the Sterling/Rock Falls River Chase. Through the years, it was shortened to just Rock Falls River Chase. The event was nicknamed "The best darn boat race by a dam site!" The race was held on the Rock River at Seward Park in Rock Falls. The race site is just downstream from a dam (hence the race's nickname)
                          Seward park makes for a nice race site. I remember two gravel boat ramps on the shoreline. And just a little ways downstream there's a nice paved boat ramp that was used for launching the OPC boats that raced in the event. The race course was always set up with the front stretch parallel to the pits area. There's a great spectator area on the hill located just above the pits. The city used to invite concessions stands on the hill for racers and spectators. The city used to hold a fundraiser raffle, called the "Lucky Ducky race" that was kinda neat. They held the "Duck" race after the conclusion of boat racing on Sunday.
                          I hope this info helps some people on the fence about the race.

Comment

Working...
                          X