Huntington Harry Brinkman Memorial Race-Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huntington Harry Brinkman Memorial Race-Sunday

Sunday started cool and windy, but ended up a beautiful day, especially for a number of drivers who continued their winning ways from Saturday over to Sunday, like Tim Sidor, Daniel Koshka, and Bob Dunlap.

750MR
    Bob Dunlap
    Bobby Laws
    Jim Robb

The Luce design of Dunlap's was on a rail all weekend and to see a runabout actually go the way you point it is a new experience for a lot of folks.

200MR
    Jacob Alkema was also a carry over winner for the weekend. Happy B-DayBTW
    Jacob
    Kyle Roskowski
    Austin Duggan

CSH
    A gagle of CSH hit the water with Tim Sidor continuing on from Saturday, but wait their is more to come from Tim
    Tim
    Thomas Johnston
    Brent Simmons in a laydown Euro style

JJ Walls took the CSH
    Duke Johnson
    Watch Facebook for JJ's video, helmet cam and boat cam both

350MR
    Shawn Brill kept working that runabout till he got it right and took home the NAC in this class.
    Shawn
    Jeff Williams
    Bob Dunlap

400MH
    Justin Robertson needed a little time to repair the sideboard on his hydro, and all that work paid off, as he took home the title based on time.
    Justin
    Ashley Gresly
    Tom Morrical

250MR NAC
    Austin Duggan proved you can do it again, as he repeated Saturday's victory
    Austin
    Shawn Brill
    Tim Sidor

850MH
    Jim Robb takes home another title
    Josh Kimble
    Austin Vanover

250MH
    Tim Sidor adds to a great weekend of racing here as he takes the title
    Tim
    Dudley Smith

850MR
    Who else but Bob Dunlap
    Jim Robb
    Deb Stoner aquaited herself quite nicely stepping into Bobby Laws equipment and gave the "boys" a run for their money

CRR Divisonals
    JJ Walls adds as well to his Saturday Victory
    Jay
    Duke Johnson
    Sherm Caldwell

750MH
    Shawn Brill was a busy guy this weekend and takes home another 750 title
    Jasen Dirksen provided some spectacular viewing as he went over in the bottom corner, everything AOK.
    Shawn on time with Mark Wheeler
    Mark Wheeler
    Jim Robb

350MH
    This one was a question mark from the get go, but only because of the pushing at the starts. A number of gun jumpers caused this one to be mixed up like cement. In the end Daniel Koschka did his usuall steller driving job and took the title.
    Daniel
    Steve Bolhuis
    Justin Farrell

AXH
    Laura Wheeler for the second day takes home the title based on time as she and Michael Sweeney traded heat wins.
    Laura
    Michael
    Brandon Boyd

CRH Divisonals
    Not run due to the problems of an 80yr old engine can have.

500MH
    7 boats hit the water and when it settled Shawn Brill in that Merc took home the title.
    Shawn
    Steve Bolhuis-nice weekend for Steve
    Daniel Koschla

500MR
    Tim Weber told me at the beginning of the day that he was going to drop the engine a little and kick it under as the wind was blowing straight down the backshoot, but whatever he did, it was right as he won both heats of racing.
    Tim
    Jeff Williams
    Bob Dunlap

Three incidents, Jasen Dirksen, Brandon Boyd, and Dean Sutherland. Dean had an injury to his wrist, but did not require transportation, the other two were thankfully okay.

My thanks to the IOA for a great weekend of racing, 25 straight years at Huntington, with a few when I raced there in the 70's. That is where I got to know Harry Brinkman and those of you who knew Harry, know you cannot forget a guy like that.

Thanks Donna Roskowski and crew!!!!

Ray
    Last edited by RLR; 06-13-2011, 06:46 AM.

Thanks All

I really like racing at Huntington. Nice little oval track. IOA always seems to pull off a nice event here. We were allowed to pit on the other side of the cove this year, so the pits were not near as congested as they can be. It was really nice to have some waterfront real estate.

I had a BLAST on Saturday racing, of course a win against top rated engines and drivers always adds a little fun to the day.

I didn't race Sunday, decided to take a break and enjoy the finer things at the races. RELAXING ! And helping out in the pitts.
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Thanks

Making the trip from Atlanta was well worth the time. Parking in the cove gave us one of the best pits with our many classes that we ran.

Thanks to Bob K, Cliff, and Eric V for all your help making Herb's boat competitive. The 500MH race was as good as it gets.

Also congrats to Tim Weber for our first win in the CMR class. To Bob Dunlop, you owe us big time for pitting for you in 5 differednt classes.

With the exception of my throttle sticking wide open in one heat on Saturday, all went well. Over all a great weekend and will make it back to Huntington in the future.
      82F
      Mark O'Brien

Comment

Huntington

We r back in GA but not home yet. We had a great time at Huntington and a big thanks to all the IOA for an excellent race. It was nice to see a lot of friends we don't see to often. Great job of announcing and reporting Ray. As always u make it a treat for everyone there! The weather and cool temps were a nice break from the 95 degrees we r used to.
        Last edited by Bob Dunlap; 06-13-2011, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Thanks Ray, for the great things you continue to do for Outboard Racing! Duke S-79

Comment

Hey guys,
            Thanks to all of you, it makes what I do fun.

Ray

Comment

Thank you

Thanks to all of IOA for the great weekend of racing!!! And thanks to our pit crew - Greg Herkenhine, Kris Procter, Tom Sutherland and TJ. A special thanks to TJ for Mary's favorite pit spot. Here's a couple of shots from the weekend.
              Attached Files
              Jeff
              5-P

Comment

Many thanks to the racers and families that supported the “Harry Brinkman Memorial Regatta” last weekend and a special thanks to the Georgia crew who traveled the furthest. I’ll bet the 750 runabout drivers weren’t happy about Bob Dunlap showing up - what a race - what a boat!!

The IOA had 80 entries on Saturday and 79 on Sunday with a huge spectator crowd that we haven’t seen for a long time. Maybe having an announcer and placing a few ads in the local news paper made this venue work. We’re also wondering if people are staying home and attending more local events like they used to do. Having a few new drivers along with existing ones who are racing new classes really helped make the boat count go up this year. We had eight 500MH’s, nine 350MH’s and we even had seven CSH’s, great racing!

North American Championship results:
                250MR NAC – Austin Dugan
                350MR - Shawn Brill
                500MH NAC – Daniel Koschka

Divisional Championship results:
                C Race Runabout – JJ Walls
                C Service Runabout – JJ Walls
                C Race Hydro – Duke Johnson
                C Service Hydro – no official race due to lack of starters (only two at start line)

Thanks again to all who contributed to the IOA generator fund and we apologize for the delays the old generator caused on Saturday. Our old generator lasted about 22 years which is amazing.

When I got home I realized that I didn’t thank John Sharp (the “S” in K&S Racing and team mate since 1975) for all of the hard work as co-race director – thanks John!

The best news of the weekend was that Tim Guy (Township Trustee and property owner) welcomed the IOA back next year which will make it 26 years in a row. See you next year at the 2nd Annual Harry Brinkman Memorial Regatta

Bob Koschka

Comment

Sounds like a great race... sure wish Braxton and I could have made 88 entries on Saturday and 87 on Sunday.... Hope to make it next year..

Rick Miller
                  34-0

Comment

Working...
                  X