IOA at Huntington, Indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IOA at Huntington, Indiana

Well the headline has to be IT"S MILLER TIME.

Rick Miller has a split weekend for his family. He is at Huntington with the IOA modified race this weekend, with his daughters. Son Braxton and Grandpa are up in Michigan at the Stock Race.

Braxton and Grandpa could only hope to have a day like "Doc" did today. Three class wins in his events and just an outstanding effort from him. He has to be tired as he jumped out of his 350MR and into the 500H in the same flight winning both. What a day, thanks for the effort Doc.

Josh Kimball had an outstanding 850MH day as he won both heats of racing out front of Jason Hay in heat one and John Palmquist in Heat 2. Josh drove so deep into the bottom turn to get by John, that I could hear the oohs and uh ohs behind me on the judges stand. The total distance in the two wins was about 2 boat lengths. Great driving Josh Congrats.

The Duggans had a great weekend as well as Ian and Austin both had good days in both runabouts and hydros.

Eric Van Over faced 8 other 750MH's for the start of the day, and prevailed over a pretty stout field with one heat win and a second.

Dudly Smith won in the 250MH with a heat win and a second.

Jay Walls and son JJ had a good day as Pop took CRH and JJ took the C Service Class. Sherm Caldwell finished second to JJ and David Everhart finished second to Jay.

One of the craziest things I have ever seen was in C Service Runabout as David Verboort of Wisconsin went into the first turn close to the entry bouy, his turning fin caught the rope and stopped the boat on a dime, David was more stopping on a quarter as out and over the deck he went for a drink of water. David was fine though.

Will try for a better right up tomorrow for the rest of today and tomorrow's program.

Ray

Congrats Josh !!

Congrats Josh, a well deserved win. All the work has paid off !! Can't wait to see you guys again, maybe later in the year, who knows.
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
    X