Pell Lake "POWER BOAT DAYS" AUG 15 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pell Lake "POWER BOAT DAYS" AUG 15 2009

The newest race for Reg-7 Had An Awesome Turnout !

So sorry if you were unable to attend this 1st year event at Pell Lake, WI - This race site was about the size of Burlington, but with wider corners and 6 to 8 feet of water depth! The entire lake is surrounded by plenty of trees.
    • Registration: Sat/Sun at the Racers Breakfast 7- 9am (Haven's Grill)
    • Fri-Reg: Friday night 5 to 7. At Shirley's RV at Nancys Place
    • Drivers Meeting: 10:15 a.m. both days, in the Pits
    • J-Testing at 10:30 am All others at 11:00 am
    • RACERS DINNER; 7pm-9pm (Sat) at Nancy's Place. Dinner tickets avail at Registration. (free shuttle)
    • RACERS BREAKFAST; 6am-10am (Sat/Sun) at Haven's Grill. Transport from pits available. (free shuttle)
    • SHUTTLE BUS; sponsored by Haven's Grill. Operating in & out of pit area every 1-hr during the day, and every 30-45 min in the evenings.
    • TOW VEHICLE PARKING; designated next to the Big House Bar or the RV parking area. Follow signage. (free shuttle)
    • RV PARKING; Available at Nancy’s Place. Electric provided by this sponsor. Email BsoaInfo@bsoa.net your tentative reservation if you can.
    • LODGING; The Save-Inn Motel still has racer rooms for $62+tx ! (815) 678-4711
    Post Race Note: A special thanks to our sister club, MRC and to: Uncle Suz, Haven's Bar, Nancy's Place, Skip's Tavern and the official PIT bar known as "The Big House" Also to the Township of Bloomfield and residents of Pell Lake, Wisconsin. And last, but not least.. the Sportsman's & Mudhen's Clubs. Thanks for having us & we hope you'll have us back next year !
    -Kip Trump
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kip69w; 08-18-2009, 09:55 PM.

thanks KIP!!!!!

for all of your hard work on this race.

Bill
    Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

what classes are racing there ?

any 750 mods going to be there ?
      Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

Thanks Kip!

Kip,
        Thanks for all your work to put this together!

We will be there with lots of boats!

- Mike Pavlick

Comment

well does any 1 know what classes will be racing there ????

i see lots of thanks kip messages and went to the bsoa web page but still do not see any classes listed

please advise as i am thinking about making this race and would hate to travel all that way and my 1 and only class not on the roster

please advise
          Randy
          Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

Originally posted by RandY Aveline View Post

i see lots of thanks kip messages and went to the bsoa web page but still do not see any classes listed

please advise as i am thinking about making this race and would hate to travel all that way and my 1 and only class not on the roster

please advise
            Randy
            Randy:

Classes according to the Race Sanction e-mailed to me from APBA on July 16:
            <b>All STOCK Classes, except 45SS * * All MOD Classes * * All J Classes * * PRO: 125cch, OSY-400</b>

Check this link for the Race Circular:
            <b>http://www.apba-racing.com/apps/race_schedule/Sanctions.php?ID=2257&hideNav=1</b>

And thanks, Kip for all your hard work on getting this done! I am really looking forward to this race!

Michael Mackey
            21-V
            Michael J. Mackey
            Lola Boatwerks Factory Foreman
            Pavlick Race Boats Factory Driver
            Yamato Aficionado
            21-V

Comment

Yeeeah !!

sorry.. I had to figure out what the 750cc was (D-Mod?) -right?
              So... YES. my understanding is that there will be 5 DMR -

Thanks everyone for the kind words too...

Comment

This race sounds like a lot of fun! Wish we lived a little closer. As many as possible need to support it so that when I retire from my day job we can come!

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Pell Lake Sanction

APBA Race Circular
                  Sanction ID 2257

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Regatta Power Boat Days
                  Date 2009-08-15 thru 2009-08-16
                  Sanction Status Approved Region # 7
                  Conducting Club BADGER STATE OUTBOARD ASSOCIATION Club# 304
                  Co-Host Pell Lake
                  Application Date 2009-07-02 Approved on 2009-07-15

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Place Pell Lake , WI Pell Lake

Directions
                  FROM MILW: Hwy 43 south to Hwy 12 (at Elkhorn). Hwy 12 South to Pell Lake Drive (15 mi). Pell Lake Drive west & follow signs to pits. FROM CHICAGO: Hwy 94 west to HWY 50. Hwy 50 west (24 mi) to Hywy 12. Hwy 12 south (5 mi) Pell Lake Drive. Pell Lake Drive west & follow signs to pits. FROM RCKFRD/BELOIT: Interstate 39/90 & 173. Hwy 173 east (33-miles) to Hywy 12. Hwy 12 north to Pell Lk Drive (6-mi) West Pell Lake Drive & follow signs to pits

Accommodations Save Inn Motel - Located approx 5 miles SE of Pell Lake. $61.25(+tx) Must Mention "APBA" to get this rate! http://www.saveinn.com (815) 678-4711

ClassesNone Found

All STOCK Classes, except 45SS * * All MOD Classes * * All J Classes * * PRO: 125cch, OSY-400
                  Format/Rules 3 laps of an approx. 3/4 mile in length course. NOT approved for records.

Prizes NO prizes. Prizes only if sponsor is found. Unsponsored race - for Club High Points and APBA National High Points.

Registration Both Days - in the pits - 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.

Drivers Meeting Both Days - in the pits - 10:15 a.m.

Send Entries To DO NOT SEND ENTRIES.
                  Entry Fees $25 / day / class * * * J Classes (JR, JH, AXSR, AXSH) : $20 / day / class

Officials
                  Assistant Referee: DAVE HEMP N2348 WEATHERHILL CT GREENVILLE, WI 54942-8070
                  Inspector: COOPER JESS 447 SPRING ST RIPON, WI 54971-1553
                  Inspector: CHRIS ALGIERS 733 PLEASANT DR WEST BEND, WI 53095-4159
                  Race Director: STEPHEN R WARNOCK N49W27721 S COURTLAND CIR PEWAUKEE, WI 53072-1730
                  Race Director: RYAN BURDICK 124 EVERGREEN DR. DELAVAN, WI 53115
                  Race Director: JONATHAN EVANS 380 MARK CT NEENAH, WI 54956-4716
                  Referee: DAN EVANS 1801 BRIGHTON BEACH RD MENASHA, WI 54952-2911
                  Risk Manager: KEVIN SCHERTZ 11535 N 3800 E RD SAYBROOK, IL 61770-9313
                  Scorer: SHIRLEY A SUMMERS 36788 N HELEN DR LAKE VILLA, IL 60046-5412

Notes - Late registration (original) will result in a substantial penalty set by the Race Committee. - Cell phone in case of emergencies: 262-424-3604 - Damaged buoys - a $20 fine will be applied to the drivers entry fee for damaging a buoy beyond repair. - Conducting Club is responsible for payment of the Region 7 Safety Fund fee of $10/Sanction day, payable to the Region 7 Chairman, Dee Berghauer, 1505 Woodside Lane, Elm Grove, WI 53122-1982. - RACERS DINNER; 7pm-9pm (Sat) Sponsored by and at Nancy's Place. (1/2mi from pits) Dinner tickets available at Registration (or see Kip). Rides available on Pit-Bus. - RACERS BREAKFAST; 7am-10am (Sat/Sun) at Haven's Grill. Transport from pits available. - PIT BUS; sponsored by Haven's Grill. Operating in & out of pit areas, to the Breakfast & Dinner events and other Pell Lake businesses each day. - TOW VEHICLE PARKING; designated next to the Big House. Follow signage. - RV PARKING; Available at Nancy’s Place. Electric provided by this sponsor. Please email your tentative reserv to kipdon@hotmail.com - PETS ALLOWED: Must be leashed and quiet - we need to hear our motors! Many local sponsors have contributed to this race. Please support them any chance you get. Email BSOA if you’d like a detailed map of all the above. bsoainfo@bsoa.net

This Regatta is Sanctioned through the APBA
                  All prizes are the reponsibility of the conduction club. APBA does not guarantee nor is it responsible for payment of prizes. You are advised this event may be canceled prior to the race due to circumstances beyond the control of this association. If you plan to travel a long distance, it is recommended you contact the race sponsor prior to your departure to ensure this event will take place.

WARBS
                  64*W

Comment

20ssH

Warbs,
                    Get ready for your 20ssH ride!

Comment

Any idea on boat turn out?
                      This looks like it will be a great place to race!

"The Coffee Guy"
                      TEAM CAFFEINE
                      Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
                      " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

hopefully great !

I keep hearing a lot of people are coming... but unfortunately dont know who !

I did some invites thru facebook. Got 24 confirmed / 27 Maybe's / 43 non responders

The weather is supposed to be awesome.. The community is really excitied... I got tons of newspaper coverage... And heck, 4 taverns that you could throw a stone from and hit the water.

Anyone who misses this race will probably regret it later....

Comment

Yo Randy !

We advised.... You no reply !
                          We hope you will be able to make it ! You can call me direct if needed - (262) 620-3741

Originally posted by RandY Aveline View Post

please advise
                          Randy

Comment

Got a PM from Kip, glad to hear the race was a great success for a first time event. Thanks to everyone who attended and helped set up and tear down. It takes a village to put on a race ya know.

Lets hear some comments and results when ya'll get a chance!

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Pell Lake

This past weekend Region 7 held a race at Pell Lake, WI which is about 20/25 minutes west of Kenosha. Kip Trump did a great job in organizing and putting everything together. I hope the town wants us back for many years to come. It was a great race site. Bar across the street for those that needed a soda or something. Kip had a breakfast set up for $5.00, it was all you can eat and had just about anything you would want. He arranged to have a shuttle running to the restaurant for a few hours every morning from the pits about a mile away. Saturday night he had a driver’s dinner party at another bar about ½ mile or so from the pits that was in my opinion the best $8.00 dinner I have ever had. Beef, potato, rolls, salad…

Unfortunately part of Sunday was blown out but the winds were 20 plus MPH with gust to 30 so we would not have raced anywhere. Many race sites we would have lost the entire weekend because of wind. The site is surrounded by trees so it’s pretty well protected. Just unfortunate that mother nature was giving us all she had. Saturday the wind was blowing pretty good but we were able to race and in my opinion the water was pretty good you just had to fight the wind trying to blow you inside the course on the back stretch. The second corner was right in front of the pits and there was hardly a ripple in the corner when the boats came back around. Was fun watching from that view point.

While I was not on the course in a race boat the course had a little bit of everything thrown in it. Short run to the clock, pretty good run to the first turn, huge first turn, fairly good run up the back stretch, smaller second turn…

Great job Kip and make sure we can come back for years to come. Hopefully we can make sure we don’t have a conflict with Region 6 next year with one of their sites so some of them can come over.
                              "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Working...
                              X