Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Constantine, MI - June 19-21: The Joe Whetstone Memorial by River Country Tourism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constantine, MI - June 19-21: The Joe Whetstone Memorial by River Country Tourism

The Joe Whetstone Memorial Regatta presented by sponsors River Country Tourism and West Side Beer Distributing is less than a month away!

MHRA Racer School: Friday June 19 at Noon.
    Volunteers are needed and appreciated.
    No Testing. Just Racer School

Racing Saturday and Sunday all Stock/J classes & select Mod classes - this year we will run the following Mod classes: 200MH, 200MR, 500MH, 750MH

20SSH Race 4 KAOS

No Marathon at this race.

American Legion will be serving breakfast both days, along with the traditional chicken dinner, and a LIVE BAND for Saturday night.

If you are hoteling, please support the hotels in Three Rivers, MI: they are large sponsors of our race.
    *Super 8, Three Rivers MI 269-279-8888 *** Holiday Inn Express, Three Rivers MI 269-279-7766 *** *Best Value Inn, Three Rivers MI 269-273-8100

Feel free to use this thread as a roll call and open communication.

Updates will also be posted to MHRA's Facebook page: www.facebook.com/michiganhydroplane

Can't wait to see you there!

Last edited by Hutch06; 05-29-2015, 12:51 PM.
    Elek Hutchinson
    36M

20 SSH race for Kaos?????

Comment

Hi Dave,
      The 20SSH driver accumulating the most total heat points over the weekend will receive a beautiful Bulova watch (courtesy of VanValkenburg & Sons Jewelers) in honor of late APBA racer Kevin Ladd. Past winners include: Tim Sidor, Billy Hemp, Dana Holt, Joe Pater, & Donny Allen.

Update: There will be no camping fee this year.

Still plenty of openings for Racer School - you can register online at: http://www.michiganhydroplane.com/Re...er-School.html
      Elek Hutchinson
      36M

Comment

Does anybody plan on running DSH at this race? I plan on coming over.

Comment

• brian
          brian commented
          Editing a comment
          I might be there...If I am I will run DSR, if none then DSH. No motor changes for me.

Check out the awesome poster - should be seen in storefronts after the weekend!

I believe DSR will have at least 4. Will try to spread the word for DSH at Huntington this weekend.
        Elek Hutchinson
        36M

Comment

joe.jpg Here is this years Joe Whetstone Memorial Award.....COME GET IT!

Comment

Weather Report as of 8 PM this evening from the American Legion:
            "Water level is high, but not flooding into the pits/over the ledge/grass. Floating debris is minimal per a crew that was on the water this afternoon at the time that the river was cresting. Water levels are now falling, slowly, but expect to be back to semi-normal levels by Saturday morning".

In other news...

Racer School is full for Friday. Volunteers always still appreciated, whether it be for an hour, or all day.

The Sobel's beautiful Joe Whetstone Memorial Award will be selected for the junior class (JH, JR, AXH, AXR) which has the highest amount of entries. The driver who accumulates the most heat points in that class over the weekend will be the winner of the trophy & title for 2015.

Chicken Dinner still planned for Saturday evening at the Legion. Live band to be upstairs after dinner.

Radio and TV advertisements out today - should be another great Father's Day weekend in Constantine!
            Elek Hutchinson
            36M

Comment

Will there be APBA stickers available for non compliant racers ?

Comment

I thought I heard someone say once that 'there are some pieces of plywood not even worthy of an APBA sticker"...

Nevertheless, we will have some stickers on hand for you slackers out there...
                Elek Hutchinson
                36M

Comment

Working...
                X