No announcement yet.

Any J drivers coming to Top O in 2014?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any J drivers coming to Top O in 2014?

After a weekend of testing, Deck Racing will be sending one 13 year old in a 63 year old marathon boat powered by a modern Mercury. anyone else planning on joining the fun?
    When it comes to boat racing and the wife, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, and of course I spent a number of nights sleeping on the couch!

next year my son wants to run has been running his merc on a d runabout for two years and is ready. lets keep this class going.

Comment

I agree - I've got a 13 year old who is really interested in this particular event and marathon racing - probably because he's still young and has his original cartilage...lol. I really only know what I've seen on Youtube and the Top 'O website about this event but I'd like to see him try it...we're going to give the 20-minute dash a try at Grass Lake in September.

Comment

have they ever ran j runabout at big rapids

Comment

mine hasn't....but if all goes well we will be there the week after Grass Lake too...

Comment

Here's the onboard video from Saturday for Top O. I'll upload Sundays when I am back home on a stable net connection. I agree, that there should be more J marathon drivers for this race.

For Big Rapids and Grass Lake, I'm not so sure we want to send an inexperienced driver out on the marathon course as they run all classes together. It gets rough and kinda tricky to be the slower boat making that right hand turn.

Of course, MHRA would love to have the J drivers for the short courses, hydro and runabout! The more, the better the action and the better experience for the kids!

When it comes to boat racing and the wife, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, and of course I spent a number of nights sleeping on the couch!

Comment

Working...
            X