Thank you MHRA / Drivers School @ Grass Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you MHRA / Drivers School @ Grass Lake

Region 6 - I just wanted to make a big thank you to MHRA for their racer school on Sept 6, 2013 at Grass Lake. Once again the racing community opened their pits and boats to people and families with an interest in stock outboard racing. So. with sincere appreciation to Elek Hutchison, Mark Miserek. Tracy Trolian and Dean Sutherland we had a great racer school weekend AND after a family meeting we took a beautiful 'J'-A/X' hydro boat home to get ready for the 2014 season.

I personally want to thank Dave Deck and his family for inviting us into their pits for the weekend, and for Dave placing his 302ssh in my hands for a couple races. For those present they'll recall I had a weekend I will NEVER forget, and I have a good story too! Dave is truly a generous person and I appreciate everything he did to support a rookie - especially with a newly broken wrist of his own. If we can get the kids settled in their boat next season I hope to add a 302 to the trailer too!

I need to thank Dean Sutherland for putting my kids in the Sutherland J hydro for the school, for Never Ever for my daughter, and for my son for a few races. As a parent it was great to be able to get a feel for launching and retrieving boats, and to help build on all the advice that Mark and Dean provided to our kids. They already had a great experience at the TRORA school and my wife and I just wanted to be sure the kids were really into it before we jumped in. This second opportunity to get seat time combined with great Dean/Mark coaching sealed the deal for us. Also, fellow J racers Alex, Jared and Nick - you guys are great sports and set a great example!!

One other note - we met a LOT of people this year at Grass Lake, Dayton, Delaware and at Lakemore, and the entire community of outboard racing is not like any of the other competitive sport/hobbiest groups I've ever met. Everyone was willing to educate, answer, and advise. In addition to all the great folks at TRORA/Lakemore we met in July, we were introduced to many more at Grass Lake: Adam Pavlick came down and helped our kids get their gear on and ready to go, Mike Deck answered a lot of my questions on officiating and rules, and Dave Umbarger got stuck with my daughter and I in a patrol boat, and patiently answered even more questions through an entire flight of heats. Keep it up racers - your willingness to share insight is what attracts new families! The good news is we haven't asked the same question twice... Haha!

One final note...at the blown out Delaware race in May, Dana Holt provided the direction for us to reach out to many of the people we met this year, including the information on the first drivers school. He said he didn't know if he'd ever directly been attributed with getting new racers into racing....but I just wanted to say he has now....and everyone above with MHRA and at the TRORA school has lived up to his reference.

We look forward to seeing folks out on the lakes and rivers of the great Midwest next year!

Brian, Kim, Nate and Karissa Mitchell

Thanks for the kind words

Thanks for the kind words. I am sure your family will enjoy the sport as much as I have.

Give me a call sometime, some more good equipment out there if you are interested.

Thanks,
    Dean

Comment

Working...
    X