Thank you TRORA - Drivers School @ Lakewood 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you TRORA - Drivers School @ Lakewood 2013

Hi - I just wanted to put out a big public thank you to TRORA for hosting their inaugural driving school at Lakemore! My family and I had a tremendous time learning about the boats and then had even more fun out on the water! I need to specifically thank Brian Williams, Joe Silvestri, Dante Silvestri, Rick Wagner Jr, Jeff Brewster and David Deck for their time and assistance in answering and explaining our many questions about the sport. Also, thank you Dana Holt who was my contact through the TRORA website and who spent a great deal of time with us earlier in the year at Delaware answering many more questions and who pointed us to the driving school. There were many other folks who chipped in as well but I didn't get everyone's name - thank you too!!

As an outsider to the sport we were seriously impressed by everyone's hospitality and friendly approach to folks with little knowledge but lots of interest! My kids (ages 12 & 9) were in the drivers school with me and were a little hesitant at first but the entire racing community made them feel welcome and comfortable, and the result is they are still talking about how much fun they had. And we learned my 9-year old daughter does not allow daylight in the throttle (uh-oh Dad!!) Now we're having family discussions about the commitment and how we might make space in the garage for our first rig!

Thanks to everyone who made our day a great success - hopefully we'll see you on the water real soon!!

Brian Mitchell
    Columbus, OH
    Last edited by bmitch1; 07-08-2013, 03:35 PM.

Glad to hear you and your family had such a great time! It's a fun sport!
    Hope we can meet on the race course soon!
    Kyle Bahl
    20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Hi Brian. We were happy to host our first drivers school and are very happy that you and your family had such a great time. I thought all of you did an excellent job and I enjoyed spending the day with you. I know for us, it was a great experience! If you need any help locating equipment or just have some questions feel free to private message me here or you can e-mail me any time. I look forward to seeing you and your family at the races next summer.
      Joe Silvestri
      CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
      JH/JR

Comment

great time!

Brian,
        It was a real joy to meet you and your family. I only hope I never have to race against your daughter! She is amazing!
        Jeff
        http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

Great job TRORA

Great job TRORA,

If you can maintain your school yearly and add one new family a year, we will have elims. again in a few years!

I believe Brian and family have signed up to do MHRA Fall Grass Lake school as well. Hopefully well have em "hooked".

Thanks,
          Dean

Comment

I'm already hooked!

The kids were non-stop about it Saturday but they were pretty quiet about it on Sunday and we didn't bring it up with them. So on Monday my wife asked me if there was a chance to try it again - I said yup, I think MHRA has one later in the year - and she says let's have the kids go again to make sure they're in for this....

Candidly, I don't know how you guys work on Monday morning - my mind kept drifting to the sensation of flying on the water and coming out of those turns....

Comment

Working...
            X