Stock Classics from Top O!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Classics from Top O!

To show that we are truly a class that is still alive, if you were thinking of running the Top O in your stock classic, I challenge you to bring your rig to MHRA's Wild Ones Regatta in Grass Lake on Sept 7 and 8th.

Based on the respondence, we are planning on running a stock classic race.
    As always, your stock classic marathon boat is welcomed at our Marathon races, Grass Lake and Big Rapids!

I would love to see some new faces and old boats show up so we can prove that their is still some old iron out there that likes to run and not be displayed.

Deck Racing will have the Switzercraft with newly restored 20H not on display, but in the water! What can you bring?
    -226M
    When it comes to boat racing and the wife, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, and of course I spent a number of nights sleeping on the couch!

I will bring 2 Classics, a Merc 20H on my Rinker, and an OMC on my Racecraft, possible (3rd) a 25XS on my old Sorensen. However, I will need drivers! Knees gone "bionic" so my runabout days are over. Volunteers? Mike Raceboat61-S

Comment

Drives needed

Mike, I know we can find drivers! Look forward to seeing you!

Everyone else, where are? Lets get a strong showing to show top o that stock classics are still around!
      When it comes to boat racing and the wife, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, and of course I spent a number of nights sleeping on the couch!

Comment

Maybe the people that attend the driver school can drive your boats Mike.

Comment

Sorry, no rookies in roll-up runabouts! Especially with my Mark 20h! That would be a recipe for disaster. Also, the 25XS is too fast, 61mph. I'll find some experienced short course guys to race my stuff. See you there. Mike

Comment

I was looking at the circular and I didn't see the classic's listed. You might want to reach out to the club commador and see if they plan to have them. Being the referee I wanted to make sure all the classic entries reach out and let the club know what kind of turn out they would expect. I see that some entries might be running modified engines. I think the last thing we would want is this race to be put on hold for any reason due to noise or any other thing. Last year we had classic drivers just doing anything they wanted in reference to the proper coarse to be run. That could cause a major issue if an accident accured because of that. This is a National event not a free for all bring what you want and run. Also if your going to be up north and want to test our insurance only covers testing when an ambulance is present. So we will have testing on Saturday and Sunday for at least an hour prior to the race. No testing on Friday from the pit area. Camp Kurz is the place to go if you want to test prior to the race. Its a couple miles up the road and will have a bunch of trailers and all the help you need. Just making sure we are up to speed for the greatest race ever. See ya there!!!! Mikey
            mike ross

Comment

Mickey,
              This thread is about the MHRA races that stock Classics are encouraged to attend. We were told that Classics would NOT be on the Sanction for Top'O last February. We're just trying to line up some other race sites where we will be welcome.
              I had already petitioned Dave Umbarger to reconsider allowing Classics for Top'O 2013. That request was turned down hinting that there was not enough entries to justify the inclusion on the sanction. Please call me 740-319-504zero to discuss the other issues. Mike Raceboat 61-S

Comment

I just wanted to make sure it was clear. The Topic could be mis read. Thanks for the explanation. I think the classics should have some part in this event. Don't give up on 2014. Make sure you reach out to them. I won a lot of races with those old engines. And almost all the northern drivers roots go back that far so I know there's some soul left in them. Cant wait to see Elvis at the Pinney!!!!!
                mike ross

Comment

Originally posted by raceboat61-S View Post
                  Sorry, no rookies in roll-up runabouts! Especially with my Mark 20h! That would be a recipe for disaster. Also, the 25XS is too fast, 61mph. I'll find some experienced short course guys to race my stuff. See you there. Mike
                  No Rookies in roll up boats? Roll up boats are hard to drive, but IMO the safest. My second year of BSR, with no past driving experience, and ive never flipped in a turn (yet)
                  Just wanted to put that out there.

Comment

What I meant was I don't want rookies in MY boat. A Rinker is not easy to drive, I know because I have owned this one since 1965! My Mark 20h is too valuable to risk dumping it. I would disagree about the stability of roll-up vs flat turners. My flat-turning Sorensen is the easiest, safest, and fastest runabout I have ever driven, even with my good 25XS on it! But just my opinion. Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X