• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Runnabout is on the trailer.
    I will be running 20SSH
    and Elliot will be running CSH

Comment

The results are now on www.TORC.ca. We had 73 entries I believe.

Thanks to the CBF Officials, TORC Executive and Race Commitee for a fun event! Heather Knox and Norma Dixon especially.

8 students went through the Racer School on Friday with the help of many volunteers and donated equipment. One student raced on Saturday in AXH and ASH. Others had a great time and at least two others are seriously looking for equipment. Thanks to MHRA for helping us with setting that up.

A thunder storm called the race early on Saturday causing a class or two to not get on the water. Sunday was very windy only letting the bigger classes get on the water. Also the timing computer broke causing results based on points only so there are some ties.

We also got on the front page of the local paper. Article is on the website too.

If you're on Facebook I'm sure you've seen some pictures of the good times had by many! haha.
      Last edited by Andrew 4CE; 06-03-2013, 11:43 AM.
      Fralick Racing
      Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

I was asked how someone gets 2 points with 6 racers in a class... So for non CBF racers reading... In CBF we feel everyone should get some points as it signifies clearly they where there and participated and that is always worth more than someone who did not attend. These little points can easily make a difference at the end of a year.

3 points for DNF - Did Not Finish
        2 points for DQ - Disqualified
        1 point for DNS - Did Not Start
        Fralick Racing

Comment

Good job Garry and TORC!

Although we certainly appreciate the thanks, MHRA would like to thank Garry Moore and TORC for their promotion of our sport - without Garry we would not have had the opportunity to participate in the Windsor Powersports Show back in the spring, and we hope to be able to help more next year!

Good job TORC for staying the course on the Driver School path and your promotional efforts, as I'm sure you can see from your past weekend success, it will help in the long run. Kudos!
          Elek Hutchinson
          36M

Comment

Kudos to both groups, haha.

I've been trying to get our club to do a school for years. This year I finally said I'd just advertise it and if anyone signed up, then we'd have to deal with it. haha. I started asking for 4 students and hoped for 2. We ended up with 8. I think 8 was too many for our first time, but it all worked out. Our students paid $80 each they seemed to have a terrific time. All of this money went to pay towards the ambulance. CBF gave free membership/insurance for the shcool students.

I think our club has seen the light now and they would willingly do it again next year. One of our racers donated some kevlars to the program afterwards.
            Fralick Racing

Comment

Despite the weather, we had a great week-end! The organizers did what they had to get the most efficient program off. The whole program was run on Saturday, for the exception of 20ssh.

Unfortunately the wind picked up on Sunday but there were 3 classes that managed to run heats.

The racing school was great. With 8 new people out getting boat time, it was obvious that they not only enjoyed it but also gained a ton of experience in a minimal amount of time! The TORC club needs to be commended for running the driving school and putting the extra time into having everything set up a day in advance.

A big thanks needs to go out to Norma and Pat for putting on the free dinner, Ted, Heather and the other officials for getting the racing off despite some wind. Also, the organizing staff of Erik, Jason, Andrew, and the others (too many to name) that worked their butts off to make sure everyone had a great time, even the conservation people had little to no complaints. Also, some of our racers went out of their way to repair some areas of the pits area that were damaged by water and vehicle usage with the good will of making sure we we be invited back for years to come.

Hopefully we see just as good or a better turnout at our next Canadian race in Gravenhurst June 22-23. It should be a great event as well!
              Spencer Utman #16CE

Comment

Working...
              X