Dayton OH Aug 27&28; Need Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dayton OH Aug 27&28; Need Info

We are considering the addition of a late August race to our schedule this year and are interested in the August 27/28 MOD/SO/J event in Dayton OH. Because the sanction is not yet approved and we have not yet participated in a race at this location we do not have any insight as to exact location and related lodging details. Can anyone point us to a prior Race Circular for this event or other events conducted at this location so we can think some planning details through?
    Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

try this

Ray,
    Here is the 2009 Sanction: http://www.apba-racing.com/internal/...hp?EditID=2163

The 2010 Sanction state to see Dayton Record Runs Facebook page.

I've stayed at the Comfort Suites and it is very new and very nice. There are some cheaper in the area, but not as clean/nice. Depends on the budget and your preferences.

Mark

Comment

trailer sharing

Might go down as well, and if I do I have room for 2 more boats and motors in the trailer...open to any 20ssh drivers that will jump the gun so I can place a tad higher! The offer is also open for anyone who wants to go to Akron this weekend.
      MD
      When it comes to boat racing and the wife, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, and of course I spent a number of nights sleeping on the couch!

Comment

Tents at Dayton

What is the reasoning behind not allowing tents at Dayton?
        Elek Hutchinson
        36M

Comment

Hotel info

It would be nice if there was hotel info on the sanction for people coming from out of town, they say look at facebook but I don't see anything there either. Give us a break and post some hotel info

Comment

Bob,

We are staying at the Comfort Suites: 937-425-6498.

Mark
            16-M

Comment

Originally posted by Hutch06 View Post
              What is the reasoning behind not allowing tents at Dayton?
              I believe it has something to do with protecting the image of the park. It is the park rules. Bad enough it took so much to allow motorhomes. I have seen tents pitched in Dayton, down by the trailers and kind of hidden. Put up after dark and taken down real early in the morning. But you are taking a serious risk in getting kicked out of the park. The Police and park rangers are VERY serious at this race. Follow the rules or you very easily could end up in jail for the day.
              Dave Mason
              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Sanitary facilities are somewhat lacking at the park..also I believe it garnered a reputation as "hood hangout" (nothing to do w/Racers)..hence the zero alcohol policy..they (Police/Rangers) take that quite serious as well. All in all an awesome place to race and view!!
                Roger A 68M
                Team Casual

Comment

Working...
                X