Constatine Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constatine Results

Any updates / results from the Constantine races??

Who are the new North American Champions in the J / AX Classes???
    444-B now 4-F
    Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Waiting for results too
    Roger A 68M
    Team Casual

Comment

Results

I'll try to get some more solid and detailed results tomorrow.

Memorables:

Smokin' Joe Pater wins the Race 4 Kaos in memory of Kevin Ladd in 20SSH.

2 New J drivers, Mary Allen and Spencer Hamlin ran in their first race after completing MHRA Racer School on Friday afternoon.

Fellow Racer School graduate David Deck is slotted to run at Grass Lake July 9-10.

6-7(?) boat fields of exciting racing in BSH and BSR
      Elek Hutchinson
      36M

Comment

Good Times

I attended the race to find the entries were a bit off from the looks of things. I think the price of travel is really catching up to folks. I am glad it is only an hour from me.

In the Mod classes, very few showed. What seems like elimination heats in the past turned into 3 boat fields. not much fun from a spectators point of view, or a racers viewpoint to be honest. We ended up prop testing the whole weekend. Josh Kinmble and I were the only two 850CCMH's to show up. 750-CCMH's were at 3 I think. Thankfully we had one 750CCMH step up to allow Kimble and I to run.

Only one 400CCMH showed, and I think 2 or 3 of 350CCMH's. They were combined.

I think the total stock entries were down too, it did not seem like as full of fields in any of the classes. I coul dbe wrong, but the pits sure seemed a lot bigger than they usually are.
        Dave Mason
        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

There were 103 entries last year. I counted 91 Saturday.

Several stock classes were up from last year. 20ssH, CSH, CSR, BSH were up for sure.

The FEH, DMH and BMH were way off from last year.

To answer Howie's question...Laura Wheeler won AXSH North American. Can't recall who won the other J classes.

Comment

By the way, my compliments to MHRA and the American Legion on a very well run event. Always enjoy going to Constantine. They treat you right in every aspect.

Great pits, great water...great food.

Done early both days too.

D.

Comment

Thanks Dana and Congrats to Laura!!

I did hear Stephen McCourtie won AXR????
              444-B now 4-F
              Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Axsr

No glory for Stephen McCourtie in the AXSR North American Championship even though he won both heats I heard.. They only had a 3 boat field. To bad no one stepped up to run with this class so Stephen could have got the plaque for 2011.
                Tom L.

Comment

Memory lapse?

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                  I attended the race to find the entries were a bit off from the looks of things. I think the price of travel is really catching up to folks. I am glad it is only an hour from me.

In the Mod classes, very few showed. What seems like elimination heats in the past turned into 3 boat fields. not much fun from a spectators point of view, or a racers viewpoint to be honest. We ended up prop testing the whole weekend. Josh Kinmble and I were the only two 850CCMH's to show up. 750-CCMH's were at 3 I think. Thankfully we had one 750CCMH step up to allow Kimble and I to run.

Only one 400CCMH showed, and I think 2 or 3 of 350CCMH's. They were combined.

I think the total stock entries were down too, it did not seem like as full of fields in any of the classes. I coul dbe wrong, but the pits sure seemed a lot bigger than they usually are.

Guess those props didn't help on Sunday. You must have forgotten about getting pasted by that Mean Red, white, and black 850ccMH on Sunday. Oh, you must be talking about Saturday.

Comment

Not Quite

Tim,

I didn't race Sunday against little Jimmy, my memory is just fine, thanks. Might want to check the results a little closer.

I did however compete agaist that same rig in Huntington IN.

What's your point here anyway ? Trying to stir up the pot a little ? You stirred it enough already. It is pretty obvious your adding material to the front covers in the class adds speed, no doubt. Congrats on your find that was in the rule book in the 1970's....... Now then, leave it alone and enjoy your runs in APBA, you now know why I no longer compete in your class.

By the way, what is "pasted" as you used it in your sentence ?
                    Last edited by Dave M; 06-21-2011, 10:22 AM.
                    Dave Mason
                    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

highlights

Just a few more comments from the Commodores perspecitve and I have limited race reports since I missed Saturday's racing.
                      1) Jay Fox is back and look real good in ASH and ASR. Tight battles between Fox, Sweeney's (Michael and Amy) and Tracy T. in ASH and very close racing between Andy Anderson, T. Kerr and Fox in ASR. The sidewinder in ASR did not fair well and didn't sound good. The 5 cc's that were added seem to really hurt it (my opinion from what I saw).

2) Real good fields in 20SSH and CSH. Jordon Swain with new wood and looking real strong! Great battles between Tate, Swain, Sidor, Pater, Silvestri and Miskerik. Pater has the Y302 dialed in in 20SSH and took 4 heat wins over some top Y80s.

3) Nice fields for Sidewinders in BSH and BSR. BSR w/ T. Kerr running really good and beat some top Hot Rods. Not as competitive in the hydro yet.

4) Great support by the Legion.

5) Thanks to our race committee (especially, Marla Alkema and Dudley Smith) as well as H & Rescue (Al Hoyt)

Comment

English

pasting [ˈpeɪstɪŋ]
                        n
                        Slang a thrashing; heavy defeat
                        Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Tim Kurcz View Post
                          pasting [ˈpeɪstɪŋ]
                          n
                          Slang a thrashing; heavy defeat
                          Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
                          Thanks for the definition. To bad it was not me in the boat. Guess research would have proven that Tim. Oh well, not that I care about your opinion of me or my family.
                          I will say one thing and leave it lay. I have NEVER gloated about winning to anyone. I am very humbled by the success my family has achieved in boat racing. And I am usually the first one to shake the hand of someone who has beaten me, fair and square of course. Just remember one thing, the engine I ran last weekend does not have that front cover modification your builds seem to have now. And also Josh Kimble and I were competing against each other for our own trophy. Kind of a fun thing we decided to do between us last year. Both if us were testing props all weekend to prep for upcoming races, you were right about that.

Thanks again Tim, hope the Dog and Pony show serves you well.

For the MHRA - You guys did a great job of getting the heats ran. If memory serves there were 32 to run off on Saturday and were finished before 5:00 P.M. Despite the trash talk by Tim and his goonies, I had a GREAT time at the race. And that is how I measure success, FUN.
                          Dave Mason
                          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                          X