Candlewick Lake, IL race postponed to 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candlewick Lake, IL race postponed to 2010

After great debate and numerous discussions, the Candlewick Lake Entertainment Committee has decided to go back to "The Taste of Candlewick" for their main 2009 summer event, instead of the Boat Races.

2008 was their first boat race. Their goal for the boat races was to draw a large number of folks from "outside" of the community. This did not happen. Finding sponsor money was more difficult than they expected as well. Plus there was money spent on overhead (Busses, Security, etc) needed for crowds that did not show. So they are going back to the Taste of Candlewick for 2009 which the community is comfortable with.

They had a great time, and see great entertainment value in the boat races. We have already had discussions on changes needed and all looks good for having us back in 2010.

As a show of good faith and sincere appreciation, we are still considering having our Spring Banquet at this BEAUTIFUL facility.

http://www.candlewick-lake.org

Paul Nielander
    Commodore - Marine Racing Club of Illinois

Kudos are in order...

Paul:

Many thanks to you and the entire Race Committee for all the long hours and hard work put in to get us Candlewick Lake in 2008. The people, the lake, and the facilities are all top-drawer. Holding our awards banquet there this year would be fantastic, and I am hopeful to have this site back on the racing schedule for 2010.

You can count on 100-percent of my support to help make these reality.

Michael Mackey
    21-V
    Michael J. Mackey
    Lola Boatwerks Factory Foreman
    Pavlick Race Boats Factory Driver
    Yamato Aficionado
    21-V

Comment

Thanks Mackey. We'll get past the holidays and work on em again! I think we will be good.

Comment

Working...
      X