2012 Stock Outboard Western Divisionals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boats

Yah....90 bucks seems a little steep...but really...we will all spend 1 k in gas round trip, along with hotel rooms, food, so on down the line. Is 90 bucks a day really that big a deal. Come on folks, get real. I dont like it either, but i will support race. If the extra 90 bucks over the course of an SOA weekend entry wise will keep you home...well....there are more important things to worry about. Just my 2 cents worth. David

Comment

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
      Yah....90 bucks seems a little steep...but really...we will all spend 1 k in gas round trip, along with hotel rooms, food, so on down the line. Is 90 bucks a day really that big a deal. Come on folks, get real. I dont like it either, but i will support race. If the extra 90 bucks over the course of an SOA weekend entry wise will keep you home...well....there are more important things to worry about. Just my 2 cents worth. David

....... have fun and hope it is a success......am sure Reg12 will treat you very well.............Ross runs a good show............

PS: your $1000 fuel cost is a few hundred low.......just sayin......
      Last edited by mercguy; 02-08-2012, 09:58 PM.
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

If the divisionals were important

When the grand scheme of things was developed, Regional qualifiers went to the divisional as qualified. Then Divisional qualifiers went to the Nationals. These thinks who developed the "CONCEPTS" were movers and shakers in the marine world.
        They didn't set some arbitrary number of 4 or 6, they planned that the divisional top three would be qualified for the Nationals.

These "BRAIN SURGEONS" actually looked at the big picture. The knew that Texas may not have a lot of boats, but they wanted TEXAS at the Nationals.

Who decided that he western divisional should be the whole west coast???

Look back at the 50's APBA map of regional and divisional. There was a time, you didn't go to a Nationals unless you were qualified. You could show up at the Nationals on Saturday and race Sunday because you were qualified....

Who figured out the current divisions and why???

Comment

Originally posted by Joe J View Post
          Mike:

The last time we conducted a race at Shadow Cliffs I believe the first entry fee was around $45. To the best of my knowledge ( 11 years as NCOA commodore ) we have never hit the $60 mark.

Joe
          Thanks for the clarification, I must be thinking of the last region 12 race then.

Comment

I understand

I understand the complaints, comments, etc. I have heard them before but the bottom line is the cost to put on a race in Region 12 is waaaay above $10K closer to $20K at places like Parker (over $50K for Long Beach if that gets your attention). I've cut where we can cut, trust me and please go to Ron's site www.boatracingfacts.com where I layed it all out and gave real examples of our costs for our cheapest race Bakersfield- it's under the thread "Racing Fees going up"). I know no one in the stock ranks coming from out of region likes paying anything more than around $50/entry but SCSC can't subsidize on a maybe. If I had a guarantee of who was coming (a real boat count) then I could go back and see what the lowest rate I could squeeze and then everyone may not be happy but it would be lower than $90 (which btw is only for your 1st class- if you are racing multiple classes it goes down $60 for 2nd and $40 for 3rd and I am working on a family plan) but without a guaranteed boat count I have to go by an average of what might show up. Not to mention last time SCSC ran a divisionals (at Bakersfield 4 or 5 years ago) the out of region racers only signed up and raced for the divisional race day and then either sat out or went home which obviously didn't help SCSC bottom line. It's a fact Region 12 has the highest fee's in the nation and it's a fact that the costs that we incur to produce a race are also the highest in the nation. I would love to have a big turnout and charge next to nothing but unfortunately wishing won't make it happen.
            Next, Kyle SCSC is paying one insurance premium, we run all classes in Region 12 at our events so yes higher insurance (especially now with the new rates) is part of the deal. I am not going to break it down by category and class it's one premium that is paid by the organization to run the race and the racers entry fee's go to offset or pay for this and all the other expenses.
            Again, let's work from who is really coming no matter what and get a real boat count that I can work with for each stock class and I promise I will go back and see what I can do to lower the entry fee as I am finalizing the sanction/circular on Monday.

Thanks all that posted.

Ross Wallach, Race Director
            SCSC

Comment

Race

We all need to stick together on this race.....I do understand that is is very expensive to travel that far, and I would hope that the favor will be returned in the future, but we as a group need to look outside the box. I am planning on taking my new D stock hydro to the event. If I am the only D there..so be it. But I am supported the event. Just my 2 cents worth. David. Region ten stock commissioner.
              Last edited by daveracerdsh; 02-10-2012, 08:42 PM. Reason: speling

Comment

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                We all need to stick together on this race.....I do understand that is is very expensive to travel that far, and I would hope that the favor will be returned in the future, but we as a group need to look outside the box. I am planning on taking my new D stock hydro to the event. If I am the only D there..so be it. But I am supported the event. Just my 2 cents worth. David. Region ten stock commissioner.
                Thats a big trip ticket if you dont get to race being the only boat in class.

You must have good sponsors.

Comment

$$$

Looks like everyone will run Divisionals only again....

Comment

racing fuel

will their be a vendor selling racing fuel at the event

casey wright
                    137c
                    csh,20ssh
                    sixfeetdeepclothing.com
                    steelmx.com
                    epicstealthcam.com
                    Last edited by wright racing; 02-18-2012, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Parker Oil is your local vendor

Casey and all please call Parker Oil (Rick Fuscardo is the owner but anyone can help you) and let them know you are with the boat races in April (be specific on the date) and they will come out if there is enough people wanting fuel or you can stop right after you cross the bridge into AZ from Vidal Junction- Parker Oil is on the right after you come up the hill heading into town.

The address is:

508 South California Avenue Parker, AZ 85344-4465
                      (928) 669-2617

Comment

Originally posted by rossdbos View Post
                        Casey and all please call Parker Oil (Rick Fuscardo is the owner but anyone can help you) and let them know you are with the boat races in April (be specific on the date) and they will come out if there is enough people wanting fuel or you can stop right after you cross the bridge into AZ from Vidal Junction- Parker Oil is on the right after you come up the hill heading into town.

The address is:

508 South California Avenue Parker, AZ 85344-4465
                        (928) 669-2617
                        So this is gonna be the fuel of the day?

Comment

Rule 17.1 there is no such thing as fuel of the day for a Divisional event.
                          444-B now 4-F
                          Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Cannot use fuel of the day at Championship events.
                            bill b

Comment

Okay, got it on fuel. Please dont make this a 20 page topic on fuel. The question was corrected. tks.

Comment

Ross I appriciate your openness on this public forum. It is what it is at this point, I fully understand your cost situation. I will see you in April. Hopefully some of my NW friends will be able to come down too for some good racing and sun!
                                Kyle Bahl
                                20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Working...
                                X