Jonathan says good-bye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonathan says good-bye

Talked to Jon a few hours ago. His Cav. Unit deployed this morning for Iraq. He's been VERY busy these last days, and hasn't had a chance to say good-bye to all his friends in Region 10 & beyond. He sends his wishes to all for a good season, and will see ya all when he gets back.

I will try and keep everyone updated as I hear more.

Keep him in your thoughts.
    Steve
    Steve
    106-R / TEAM JDS

sigpic

Stay Safe

Keep your head down and shoot straight.

Comment

I talked to him last week. My prayers are with both Jon and you Steve.

Bill
      Bill Diamond
      bdiamond@rrlarson.com

Comment

In our thoughts

I was sorry he wasn't able to make it to the Winter Nationals , It would have been nice to see him again before he was deployed... Don't sell the D boat Steve..I'm looking forward to racing Jon when he gets back.

Be proud and God bless You both !
        Last edited by Jeff Akers; 03-10-2007, 07:29 PM.
        93-C

Comment

Jon is definitely in our thoughts and prayers.

Jim, Rebecca, Jamie, & Jonathan

Comment

Thanks

I must have missed this earlier.

God Bless, good luck, and most of all, thank you for your help in keeping our country safe and free. Without people like you we could not continue with what we all hold dear, our freedom to enjoy what we like, no matter what it is.
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Stay safe my friend

We'll look forward to that big grin coming back to the Region 10 pits ASAP.

Moby Grape Racing
              Moby Grape Racing
              "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Jon called from Kuait yesterday morning. They're on their way to Bagdad, and their forward operating base. Gave me his address, and said he would sure like to hear from you guys. If you can drop him a line, his address is

E3 Peterson, Jon
                B/3-1 CAV, 3D, BCT
                APO, AE 09308

I'm sending my Pit Previews and Propellers for down time reading. Heck, might even spark some interest in future drivers!
                Steve
                106-R / TEAM JDS

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the up-date and the address Steve...Jon and all our troops have been heavy on our minds lately....!
                  93-C

Comment

You should be proud of your son as I know you are! I have been there and done that. Everyone around you is hoping and praying for the best but the person involved just wants to get on with it. Thoughts of less than an optimun conclusion rarely come to mind for the one making the trip. Too bad not all have such a positive outlook. I wish Jonathan all the luck in the world and God's speed. He will come home a proud, totally motivated, and experienced, mature man. Jack L. Stotts Col. USAF (Ret)
                    Last edited by Jack Stotts; 03-29-2007, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Stotts View Post
                      You should be proud of your son as I know you are! I have been there and done that. Everyone around you is hoping and praying for the best but the person involved just wants to get on with it. Thoughts of less than an optimun conclusion rarely come to mind for the one making the trip. Too bad not all have such a positive outlook. I wish Jonathan all the luck in the world and God's speed. He will come home a proud, totally motivated, and experienced, mature man. Jack L. Stotts Col. USAF (Ret)

Steve,

I couldn't have said it any better than Jack. I have a nephew that was just deployed. Family definitely takes it a little closer to home. My thoughts and prayers are for this battle to finally be resolved and bring all the troops back home safely. After the races start up maybe I can prints some pics and mail Jon some action shots. Maybe he'll like that.
                      Sean Byrne

Comment

Update from Jon's wife (by way of his 1st Sargent) on his address for those who are interested.

E3 Peterson, Jonathan
                        B-Troop, 3-1 Cav
                        Unit #5958
                        APO AE 09308-5958

THX
                        Steve
                        106-R / TEAM JDS

sigpic

Comment

My son Ryan is also in Iraq with B-1/82 Avn Bn. His tour is almost finished and it's been a long year! I'll forward your son's info to Ryan and maybe they can link up and talk boat racing.

Comment

Working...
                          X