Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE NOTE APBA Board Ballot (YELLOW IN COLOR)in your mail today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE NOTE APBA Board Ballot (YELLOW IN COLOR)in your mail today!

Dear APBA & region 10 members it was discovered that 3 names that were submitted for the ballot of nominees for the APBA Board were omitted from the list when the ballot was sent out.

Two of the names are region 10 members that have worked to improve and assist nationally and within region 10 to support and promote boat racing at many levels for many years.

Names submitted for the ballot need to be given approval by current board member to be put on the ballot and in this case the Region 10 APBA board member chose to not give the approval needed. This non action has affected the benefit of having increased representation within APBA for Region 10.

Due to the non action of the current REGION 10 APBA BOARD MEMBER, APBA friends & Region 10 now has only 1 option to gain seats on the APBA Board of Directors, VIA a write in on the ballot.

All APBA region 10 members will receive a SECOND ballot (YELLOW IN COLOR) and there is 1 name listed on the ballot that deserves your vote for the board and 2 members that ask for your write in vote due to not being on the ballot. You must return in the envelope provided with PO box 450!!!

Mr. Steve Compton (on the ballot)
    Please write in 2 members left off, Matt Yarno and Jan Shaw.
    Thanks for your support.
    Last edited by r10sherrif; 08-24-2017, 01:03 PM.

So not only did the current Region 10 BOD member not approve Matt or Jan, neither did any of the other members of the nomination committee. Just want to make sure its clear.

I have nothing against Matt Yarno who I have gotten to know a little over the past few years. Nor do I have anything against Jan Show who honestly I don't know at all so I have no reason to have anything against her.

While it may seem like your trying to hold the current Region 10 BOD member accountable for not nominating either of these Region 10 members. If I were running, I would have made some phone calls to make sure someone would have. Maybe they did and were lied too? Who knows.

BTW...I do find it kind of ironic that the people possible running for the same BOD positions are the same people you are hoping nominate you. Maybe this bylaw should be changed. I personally think anyone wanting to run for a volunteer position should be allowed to have their name on the ballot and not have to be nominated.
    "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

FYI. There is also another Region 10 name on the ballot for reelection in Kyle Bahl.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Don View Post

BTW...I do find it kind of ironic that the people possible running for the same BOD positions are the same people you are hoping nominate you. Maybe this bylaw should be changed. I personally think anyone wanting to run for a volunteer position should be allowed to have their name on the ballot and not have to be nominated.

AGAIN, i agree with Big Don. Kinda crazy asking folks you are running against to nominate you for a position they may hold! Seems logical in order to run for BOD perhaps a candidate should be required to gather 25 signatures from members and submit them in order to keep the field somewhat streamlined. Asking the competition to nominate you is like me asking Big Don to borrow his best prop to run against Donny!!...

Comment

• r10sherrif
          r10sherrif commented
          Editing a comment
          Big Don you hit the issue right on the head leaving nomination final approval allows for current group of board members to control the nominations of those wishing to be on the ballot.
          I guarantee you these members would have gotten over 70 signatures to be allowed to be on the ballot but the current way the nominations are controlled by a few members on the current board it becomes a non democratic process that is not a fair playing field for all APBA members.
          Hopefully the next President of APBA will see the issue and change the process so it is open to all the members that get letter/s of recommendation and not allow only the chosen few to have control of future willing members to serve on the APBA board.
          Gosh just think with new members other than those whom seem to get the approval and approved to be on the board maybe there will be some fresh ideas brought to the management of APBA and that should be a welcome plan and the nominations would truly be open to all APBA members!
          This is a perfect example of how 1 person can effect an open election process or maybe the APBA management does not want a open election for all members ????????

• r10sherrif
          r10sherrif commented
          Editing a comment
          Matt your make a good point although it is crazy to need to ask anyone for approval to be on the nomination ballot, if APBA members have sent in nominations for any and all current members they should be allowed to run the total votes for all members on the ballot will produce the top # to be on the APBA board without any of the issues that can/have taken place as again displayed on this years ballot concerns.
          I am somewhat new to this site but found the issue interesting that being nominated by your pears in a membership run organization (as I was told the APBA claims) that a person would need to get approval after being nominated be it 1 voice or 25 letters support. I also find it interesting in reading the threads that the person that failed to cast a supporting approval for his fellow region members has asked for the support as he claims to also be "on the ballot" it makes a new comer like me wonder if he could be counted on to support his region members on issues they have that will come before the APBA board or choose to side with others ignoring his region members issues as displayed on this issue of his region members approval for the ballot.
          Just seems kinda self serving to me-----

The nomination process may be a problem but I think from what I can remember in the past, the voter returns have been terrible! Perhaps that's as big a problem!

Comment

What is the rationale behind the current nomination and approval process? At least it provides a good check and balance, i.e., current APBA board members will not approve somebody whom they believe may be toxic to the organization.

Comment

• r10sherrif
            r10sherrif commented
            Editing a comment
            Really you believe this process is to stop toxic members from getting on the ballot??
            The true rationale as I as new member see it is called (protection of whom is allowed on the ballot).
            A member that is judged toxic would have a tough time winning enough votes to make the board and if for some reason the member did get the votes there are enough "others" on the board to vote for or against any issue that member might bring forward. But just think maybe a member thought to be toxic might have a idea that would shed NEW thinking on a process when given a chance to speak and explain his/her issue! after all if the person is a member we all pay the same price to belong to APBA and should be given equal opportunity within the APBA.
            Looking forward to seeing the fix as noted on a post I read from Mr. Nichols it gives me hope of a better future for the members and a more even playing field.

The nomination issue WILL be fixed this winter, hopefully along with many others.
          444-B now 4-F
          Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Working...
          X