Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 3 of 2015 Region 10 CSH Power Rankings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 3 of 2015 Region 10 CSH Power Rankings!

Coming Soon...

Week 3 of
    Power Ranking CSH.png

Week 3 has been Completed - who now ranks #1 in the Power Rankings?

Here's Week 2's results to refresh your memory: http://tinyurl.com/nl38mna

Week 3 follows up Castle Rock, WA where the course was short and the water was rough.

Week 4 will include data from both weekends of - Newberg and Everett.

Week 5 - Will include Seaside, Oregon results along with a special commentary on the bumper-car escapades!

Then keep your eyes open for Mid-Summer-Madness. What is Mid-Summer-Madness you ask? It's a great way to kill the time in the Nationals Gap where no local races typically occur. Basically, we will have a bracket system setup where the Top Ranking Region 10 CSH drivers will match up with each other #1 vs #16, #2 vs #15, etc. But here's the kicker - the variables of match-ups will be double selected through a dice-throw: you'll just have to wait and see what type of variables are ripe for the pickins! And the second kicker - we'll be relying on votes from the public to help crown each round's Victors!
    Last edited by guedo499; 05-12-2015, 12:35 PM.
    http://vitalire.com/

Still waiting!!

Comment

Welcome to Week 3 of 2015 Region 10 CSH Power Rankings!
      With our expertly amature voters, we’ve compiled a list of who’s fast, who’s almost fast, and who’s has the potential to be the top-dog in Region 10 CSH. No real criteria has been used by the voters; biases are present and yes, voters can be bribed. If you don’t like your ranking, let us know, and let us know why!

Celebrity Stand-In Voter:
      Andrew “Tip-Top-Tater-Tot” Tate
      Voters:
      Kyle “Banana” Lewis
      John “Guedo” Peeters
      Guest Voters:
      Ken “McBoatz Sr.” McMurphy
      Kyle “Captain” Bahl
      Will “Dr. Smooth” Smoot

CSH Region 10 Participants:
      • J Michael Kelly
      • Kyle Bahl
      • Brad McMurphy
      • Mike Perman
      • Kyle Lewis
      • Bob Wartinger
      • Ron Magnuson
      • Nathan Adams
      • Ken McMurphy
      • Zach Malhiot
      • Sean Byrne
      • Colin Rucker
      • Ryan Magnuson
      • John Peeters
      • David McMurphy
      • Aaron Peterson
      • Mike Harmon
      • Dave Trisko
      • Aaron Adams
      • John Glen Wesanko
      • Johnny Adams
      • Jared Martin
      • Aaron Salmon
      • Shane Burkhart
      • Ryan Johnson
      • Tylor Echols
      • Daniel Korpe
      • Charles McMurphy
      • Daren Goehring
      • Chris Gregg
      • Aaron Policar
      • Dave Salmon
      • Jim Mauldin
      • Jeff Johnson
      • Kyle Hannon
      • Kelly Bailey
      • Chris Gregg
      • Tanner Cole
      • Nelson Holmberg
      • Kelly Bailey
      • Scott Moen

Races Completed
      Yelm
      Bakersfield
      Castle Rock

Castle Rock Saturday Results
      1. Kyle Lewis
      2. Charles McMurphy
      3. Chris Gregg
      4. David McMurphy
      5. John Glen Wesanko
      6. Kyle Bahl
      7. Ken McMurphy
      8. Dave Trisko
      9. Aaron Salmon
      10. Scott Moen
      • Nathan Adams
      • Tanner Cole
      • Nelson Holmberg
      • J. Michael Kelly
      • Jared Martin
      • John Peeters
      • Aaron Policar

Castle Rock Sunday Results
      1. Nathan Adams
      2. J. Michael Kelly
      3. Kyle Lewis
      4. Chris Gregg
      5. Charles McMurphy
      6. Ken McMurphy
      7. Tanner Cole
      8. Kyle Bahl
      9. Dave Trisko
      • Jared Martin
      • Aaron Policar
      • David McMurphy
      • Scott Moen
      • Nelson Holmberg

Comment

Celebrity Stand-In “Tip-Top-Tater-Tot” Top 8 for Week 3
        1. Kyle Lewis- Kyle and his team captain Lee’s hard work is paying off in the form of W’s and records. Bring that beast east.
        2. JMK- He’s been beat, he’ll go faster. Give it time.
        3. The McMurphy Clan- I heard there’s been McMurphy driver’s meetings on Friday nights. The only thing on the agenda is to decide who’s blocking and who’s going for the win.

4th-7th - Everyone with 2 first names in Region 10. Kyle Lewis is an exception because he’s just that fast. Jeffery Michael Kelly is an exception because he has THREE first names, ****! So, here it goes…

4.John Peeters- He’s like Toad in Mario Kart; teeny tiny with sneaky horsepower. Wahhoooo!
        5.Nathan Adams- I hear it’s been a while...but the rust is starting to fall off. Sounds like everyone got a taste of it on Sunday.
        6.Chris Gregg- Movin’ on up!
        7.Tanner Cole- Nice flip, gotta love the GoPro footage. Better day Sunday.
        “Look at him over there in that interview, he’s like a stupid cowboy. He’s got two first names!” --Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

8. Kyle Bahl- His runabout is fast...we know, we know. Everybody is waiting for it to translate to the hydro, it will.
        Honorable Mention
        • Perman, where ya at?!?!?
        • Salmon
        • Rucker
        • Disko Trisko

Banana’s Top 8 for Week 3
        1. Kyle Lewis- Banana says keep up the good work, my alter ego.
        2. Nathan Adams - Nathan locked up his first victory in the notoriously challenging CSH class. This is a huge victory for Nate, two years after a 20 year break and he earns the gold. Honestly bro, I would have placed you at the number one spot, but not planning on attending Newberg puts you at a number 2.
        3. Chuck McMurphy - holy smokes Chuck! After a near crash in the OSY, you brought it back on course, played it smart and got yourself a podium spot on Saturday. This, and the fact that Newberg is coming up warns you the number three spot!
        4. Chris Gregg - welcome to the DART crew. Papa Mike made a solid acquisition getting this boat. You looked great out there, even better when leading the elimination heat.
        5. J. Michael Kelly - rough weekend there pal, but a solid comeback last Sunday, winning the final and taking a second overall.
        6. Ken McMurphy - Senior clan master. I think this new boat has some potential. As usual you drove your butt off, and earned a spot in the top 8. I can not wait to see what is in store for this upcoming weekend on the rapids of the Willamette.
        7. Kyle Bahl - I have to give you some Banana points. You came back from some difficulties, and managed a 4th place in the final with an 8th overall. You showed some good speed winning the consolation heat.
        8. Tanner Cole - Duuuuude. Way to hang! You made the C stock final amongst 17 of the northwest-crazies that race this class. Keep it up man!

Honorable Mention
        • Mike Perman

Guedo’s Top 8 for Week 3
        1. Kyle Lewis - When I saw Banana drive around, through, and past everybody Saturday at Castle, he was just playing with everybody’s emotions. It’s every few years you see a boat dominate like this - Perman in CSR for one year, Bahl in CSR for 3-4 years, Maroney in CMH 3-4 years, John Peeters in OSY 7 years - as it is THEIR race to lose and everyone else is just playing along. These are how boating dynasties are born and live on in boating folk-lore we chat about around the campfire with two hands in the air showing our best-of-friends how one boat passed the other boat. And to do it in the toughest class in APBA is just amazes me. Take a bow Banana, time to lock it up.
        2. Mike Kelly - arguable the greatest driver (already) of his generation, hit some bad luck at Castle and almost looked mortal on the race course. I know from personal experience, once this guy is upset, he’s even harder to beat the next round. CSH class, you have been forewarned! Just ask Edddddddy.
        3. Nathan Adams - Fast, fast, fast. We’ve said it from day one, it was just a matter of time before Team Adams stretched their wings. Now lets see how far they can fly! A quick text message to Nathan about shear pins seemed to fix his shear pin issue of shearing pins - here’s a link for the rest of you http://tinyurl.com/n2kgqz5 - AN393-37 (fits most prop hub’s width)
        4. Chris Gregg - Two of my Top four are old-school ASH racers, and after taking years off, have come back to boating. You never lose the ability to go fast, and Chris sure haven’t lost that ability at all. Motoring around in the Nasty Habit (a previous generation Dart-Craft, pre-dating Lewis’ rig by a couple of years), he has shown he can already stand on the podium even without a full year of testing under his belt. One of his competitors from yester-year’s-ASH class said, “If I beat Chris, I was doing something right”. Something tells me, that will be ringing true again, sooner than not.
        5. Ken McMurphy - The course at Castle was rough. Open water, with open wakes from big boats made every turn a mystery. Ken plowed his way to the front every heat and hats off for that! He’s a little more setup for a bigger course, so just wait until Senior has some room to stretch his legs!
        6. John Peeters - Major sponson damage has John back in the shop ‘fixing’ the damage. If the past is any indication, his fix won’t be a simple replacement of the sponson, but an addition of something entirely new. Gleason Photography captured this pic of John’s boat http://tinyurl.com/oexvajc What else could he add? Really? Real question now is does he take this boat to the Nationals (that he won his Divisionals in) or does he take FrakenBoat, TQ#1or2 at 3 of the last 4 Nationals (boat is still for sale, and yes, it’s ugly too)? Next Race he’ll be out of town in Africa on a Missions Trip, let’s hope Ebola isn’t contagious anymore.
        7. Tanner Cole - If you haven’t seen the series of Pics captured by Julie Sparrowgrove of Tanner going over, here you go: http://tinyurl.com/ojyd9eu With that kind of photogenic air-time, you get into my top 8! Only thing is, you almost did the EXACT same thing on the warm up lap. Oh, ye young children; alas, you will soon learn the way of the wind...and move forward in the boat! But what is also worth mentioning, he was passing for the lead (ball vs brain ratio, often goes out of whack in this situation) and flying by the field. With Newberg coming up, he’ll need more balls than brains to bring home a podium, and Tanner is not lacking in that category!
        8. Charles Mc-Effing-Murphy - Dude. Where did you come from? Almost winning the OSY class as well, this guys has his boat pointed in the right direction (most of the time).

Honorable Mention
        • KB - Being race director and racing your own stuff is hard, really hard. KB kept it together for a pair of average finishes, but now that his club duties are done for the year, watch out!

“McBoatz Sr.” Top 8 for Week 3
        1. Kyle Lewis..Do I see autograph sessions in the future! Psst..enjoy this year, Lee has inked me to drive the 28 next year, said he’s looking to add some maturity to the team.
        2. JMK..Couple of hiccups last weekend most likely converted into motivation, like we need that!
        3. Nathan Adams..Congrats on a well deserved CSH “W”. Heard you were planning on retiring while on top? Let me know, we could always use another boat!
        4. Chris Gregg..What the heck, 3rd on Sat. had deja vu Jerzee moment as the nasty habit slipped by me. Looking strong, keep it up. Gave your T-shirt to my Mom, my bad!
        5. Chuck McMurphy..Clan ain’t never called him Charles, lest he be in trouble. Been silently creeping up his results, doesn’t jump and seems to always keep himself in the game. Once he recognizes what an entrance bouy looks like from the lead...watch out!
        6. Ken McMurphy..too slow, motor not cooling, has work to do. Test weighed at 444 lbs, after CSH final 438.5. Note to self...it’s all in the journey!
        7. Kyle Bahl..Commendable results last weekend considering he was running the show also. It’s a myth, loose motor mounts do not get you an extra mile per hour, enough already! Decision to run consolation heats and the unmerited T-shirt keeps you out of honorable mention this round.
        8. Glen Wesanko..5th place Saturday is awesome. Did I happen to see a for sale sign on that boat? Good luck with DSH, hope you track down some Tohatsu carbs!

Honorable Mention
        • John Peeters.. Thought I read early on from the wise and clever author of this thread, what have you done lately? Unfortunately the Millennium Falcon sustained a broken wing last Sat. With only two races to average out, bad days take big ranking hits. I expect a return to an upper crust ranking sooner than later.
        • Mike Perman.. I was speaking to Carnac The Magnificent recently, google him youngsters. Word is Moby Grape will show up at Reg. 10 best race course next weekend and make a lot of noise.
        • Brad McMurphy.. Word on the street, McBoatz Jr. will make his debut at Newberg.
        • David McMurphy.. The Blackwell boat returns to its Oregon roots. Question: Is David over last years incident and willing to pin it through the difference maker, the notorious dog leg?
        • Rest of R10.. The collective level of competition and number of boats, makes getting on the podium a crap shoot and a true achievement.

Comment

“Dr. Smooth’s” Top 8 for Week 3
          1. Kyle Lewis - Just killin’ it.
          2. Nathan Adams - With the win on Sunday at Castle Rock, getting bumped up into the number 2 slot this week. Finally getting the new boat figured out. Watch out.
          3. JMK - Continues the consistency that has propelled him to the podium. Still in the top 3.
          4. Chris Gregg - The Smelt Farmer made a late round trade and the Dart-Craft looked mighty good. Watch out for this team in the coming weeks.
          5. Ken McMurphy - Ran hard through the pack last race and will continue to improve. Newberg should give the new boat a formidable test.
          6. Jon Peeters - Still having a few issues with the boat but I’m sure will be jumping back into the Top 5 after the next couple of races.
          7. Ryan Magnuson - Walked away from one heck of a barrel roll. He learned to fly and I have to believe that he’ll use his new skills to find success at Newberg.
          8. Bahl - To drive with the motor coming off the hinges is absurd. His performance at the last race is worth a Top 8 nod.

Honorable Mention
          • Tanner Cole - Nailed the loop like Tony Hawk. Kudos and glad he’s back at it.
          • _____ McMurphy - Can’t ever count these guys/gals out.

"Captain’s” Top 8 for Week 3
          1. Kyle Lewis- Still holding strong after an impressive 1st on Saturday of Castle Rock, but was finally knocked from the top of the podium on Sunday, Still managing a 3rd. All against 17 and 14 CSH respectively! Going to take a lot though to knock him off this power ranking podium.
          2. JMK- Even though he had a rough Saturday in the CSH (ALWAYS CHECK THE GAS CAP TIGHTNESS), his 2nd on Sunday makes up for it. Still very fast and I hear fresher motors are in order for the Bryne 69R.
          3. Nathan Adams- Um Alert, Alert! Someone other than JMK, Peeters, or Lewis won a CSH race in region 10! Nathan looked fast and drove his ass off Sunday of Castle Rock to take the victory in a brawl of a class.Nicely done sir! Not in the top 10 Saturday, but that’s the nature of the region 10 beast!
          4. Chris Gregg- Absolutely solid results this weekend a 3rd and a 4th. Being very consistent Chris showed he’s not here to mess around.
          5. Charles McMurphy- The first McMurphy on the list this week and not one I would have expected. Charles pulled a solid 2nd and 5th this weekend making the jump in my weekly power rankings.
          6. Ken McMurphy- The clan was a model of consistency (seems to be a theme) including Ken. a 6th and a 7th at Castle Rock, although he came in 3 lbs shy of 440 on Saturday dropping him to 6th from 3rd. Due to some miscalculations post race he still got a t-shirt for the 3rd. Hey at least it’s something right?! Could have been a legit 3rd if he checked his weight before the heat.
          7. John Peeters- Didn’t make the final on Saturday due to a blown sponson and packed up on Sunday. The drop only signifies how fragile these rankings are. Although I have a feeling he’ll be back near the top soon enough. Nationals are looking sweet with the finals already in his back pocket.
          8. Bahl- What can I say. a 6th and 8th is solidly mid pack. With motor issues and a spin out dump on Saturday, managing a 6th and 8th was sheer will power while also being the Castle Rock Race Director. New props could be on the horizon if I want to get in the podium hunt.

Honorable Mention
          • Mike Perman- Paging Mike Perman, Paging Captain Perman to the terminal please. Still keeping in my HM is Mikey “I like flying planes more than boats now” Perman. When he shows up to a race he’ll be in the mix.
          • David McMurphy- A solid 4th on Sunday, but did not make the final on Saturday. The McMurphy clan have been separated in my power rankings this week for their solid individual results.
          • Tanner Cole- On my HM for his 7th on Sunday and his ability to launch his CSH approx 10 feet in the air and hold on the entire way down. Solid blow over dude, glad you’re alright. Remember move forward in the boat when the horizon is disappearing.
          • John Glen Wesanco- The Canadian got a 1st in Novice C and a 5th in CSH on his one day of racing. Not a bad weekend. Certainly deserves a nod.

Comment

Week 3 Rankings
            With a sophisticated Algorithm, We take into consideration Last Week’s rankings along with this week’s rankings to give you, our adoring public, the Region 10 CSH Power Rankings!
            Update 1: For New Drivers, base ranking is “13”
            Update 2: ‘Winners” of each round, will be displayed in the far right column, Cumulative Votes (Previous weeks and Current Week) will be displayed in the Final Heat section
            Update 3: Decimal Points: Endless decimal points no.wwwwwwwww
            Update 4: Correction for Bahl’s previous ratings
            Update 5: When voting for the “McMurphy's”, All McMurphy's receive votes
            Week 2 Cumulative Ranking
            Tip-Top-Tater-Tot
            Banana
            Guedo
            McBoatz Sr.
            Dr. Smooth
            Captian
            Week 3 Top Votes
            Kelly
            Byrne
            Lewis
            Peeters
            N. Adams
            Wartinger
            B. McMurphy
            Ry. Magnuson
            Ro. Magnuson
            Malhoit
            Perman
            Bahl
            Rucker
            Salmon
            J. Adams
            K. McMurphy
            Burkhart
            Gregg
            C. McMurphy
            T. Cole
            Wensanko
            Final Heat
            1. Kyle Lewis - 1.827083333
            • Really? Did you expect anyone else on the top of The List? Second week in a row Kyle has won the weekend’s Vote Tally.

2. J. Michael Kelly - 2.511588542
            • The owner of the rig has gone back into the garage to refresh the motuh. Not like he was ever gone, but he’s definitely really going to be back now.

3. John Peeters - 4.496484375
            • Top Three drivers are still the same - but falling from 1st to 3rd isn’t quite the right direction for Peeters.

4. Nathan Adams - 5.17109375
            • A win is a win is a win and he finally won - when was the last W Nathan? Please do tell!

5. Sean Byrne - 7.830729167
            • Still dropping, but that’s because he’s not racing - still on the mend. Most likely will see him at Everett and we’ll see what he can do.

6. Kyle Bahl - 8.344921875
            • Solid. But solid isn’t going to cut it much longer if KB want’s to move up in the rankings

7. Ken McMurphy - 8.659505208
            • Sr. is ready for World Domination. Or at least Clan domination.

8. Chris Gregg - 9.39921875
            • Dart Dashed Devilishly Daringly Diminishing Doubts. Or something like that.

9. Brad McMurphy - 9.989322917
            • The voters were high on Brad the beginning of the year, but he hasn’t yet stepped foot into the water. Time to show up Bradly!

10. Charles McMurphy - 10.40546875
            • Tillamooks Finest. Aged to Perfection.

11. Mike Perman - 11.60429688
            • Can’t wait to see Mike out on the water for 2015. He’ll be a force to recon with!

12. Tanner Cole - 11.92421875
            • Welcome! Welcome to the Top 12. Tanner, we all clearly liked your air-time, but can see you have some speed. Time to shine!

Biggest Move Up: Chris Gregg +6
            Biggest Move Down: Zach Malhoit - 7
            Final Thoughts from the Editor
            The top two competitors are making their move and pulling away from the field. There’s a small second group, but the middle third is closely matched in rankings. Keep in mind, for Mid-Season-Maddness, the Top 16 will participate. Holding #16 is Colin Rucker - #17 is Johnny Adams. Thanks again to all the fellow racers who voted! Peace out brown trout.

Comment

Working...
            X