Congrats to a couple special guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to a couple special guys

Lots of awards were given out last weekend at the SOA Commodores Ball, congratulations to all the recipients. I want to single out 2 guys (not driving for MGR) that I am really proud of:

SOA Rookie of the Year: Skip Horngren went into last year barely knowing which way to face in the boat and knowing only myself and a couple others. By the time the year ended he had not only become a valuable contributing member of the club, always pitching in to set up and tear down despite the 4 hour drive home, Skip also lured Don into our clutches, and has plans to do more of the same in 2014. What a great, fun and enthusiastic member we got with that one.

Novice C High Points: I love this one because Glen Wesanko was one of the guys I had in mind when we came up with this class. This is another guy that has to overcome logistics (a long and costly ferry ride from Victoria BC) to make it to the races, and still managed to put in the consistent performances needed for a high point award. Glen is one of the guys we might have lost without this class, and what a tragedy THAT would have been for SOA. He is one of the funniest warmest and most helpful guys on the beach. Congrats Dick Steel, well deserved.
    Moby Grape Racing
    "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Thank You !

Thanks Tony and all my friends at Seattle outboard Association. Congratulations to Skip for rookie of the year ! A super nice guy who is a real asset to the club. I have to admit I was reaching a level of frustration running C stock and the new Novice C class has really put the FUN back into the sport for me. I'm getting some prop work done over the off season and hope this will make me a little more competitive this season in C stock. Rebuilt my motor and am presently doing some bottom work on my hydro as well. Sorry I missed the party last weekend but I'm really looking forward to this season. You guys are like a second family to me and I thank you for that. D stock for me in 2015. Best wishes to all for a safe and successful 2014 racing season and the best Nationals at Moses Lake !

Comment

Glen; -congrats on your successful year.
      Great to see a 'Ottawa Valley lad' doing well on the west coast.
      I guess you will be '1-CW' for another year
      brian
      Brian Hendrick, #66 F
      "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Originally posted by bh/ View Post
        Glen; -congrats on your successful year.
        Great to see a 'Ottawa Valley lad' doing well on the west coast.
        I guess you will be '1-CW' for another year
        brian
        Terrific report Tony. Puts a smile on my face, and congradts to Skip and Glen.
        Sean Byrne

Comment

Cograts Glen

Originally posted by glen wesanko View Post
          Thanks Tony and all my friends at Seattle outboard Association. Congratulations to Skip for rookie of the year ! A super nice guy who is a real asset to the club. I have to admit I was reaching a level of frustration running C stock and the new Novice C class has really put the FUN back into the sport for me. I'm getting some prop work done over the off season and hope this will make me a little more competitive this season in C stock. Rebuilt my motor and am presently doing some bottom work on my hydro as well. Sorry I missed the party last weekend but I'm really looking forward to this season. You guys are like a second family to me and I thank you for that. D stock for me in 2015. Best wishes to all for a safe and successful 2014 racing season and the best Nationals at Moses Lake !
          Made me smile also.
          Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

Congrats Skip and Glen

Congratulations to Skip and Glen. More later.
            sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

New racers

Great post tony.

Comment

Working...
              X