Novice C - from the inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novice C - from the inside

I decided to take a spin in a Novice C boat last weekend and I have to say, the guys that figured this class out really nailed it We had Carl Lewis in there making sure the rules got distributed, read and enforced. The pre-inspections worked great, and as a driver I found it comforting to know that everyone I was was racing with were all legal Novice C's. The other part of the equation was Ron and Shelley Magnuson taking care of everything from drafting up the rules to making a Novice C prop box, to handing out props and keeping records. The pull through inspection/prop exchange lanes worked out fantastic, we will be trying something similar for the Worlds in August. As the drivers rep to the Novice C committee I can say that fun was had by all, and it was really nice to find a place for this old fart to race where I didn't feel I was getting in anyone's way, like I would have in CSH. I can tell this is becoming a real class, there have even been allegations of prop marking, isn't that right Harmon?

Speaking of Harmon, the 2013 Novice C Western Divisional champion, I am so proud of the Novice C graduates. Mike joins Ron and Dave as graduates that are on that list of guys that can win any given heat of CSH in region 10 now. By my count, and with all the elims we've been having lately, everyone in the final of CSH nowdays has a shot at winning it, it has made for some really intense racing here in the Northwest.

One last piece of news, Machined Components Racing Products and Lee Tietze has become the latest sponsor of the Novice C class. With this latest addition that means that our spec props are all paid for, thanks to everyone who chipped in.

As for the racing, the bad news is I got beat by a 75 year old, the good news is that so did everyone else, the bad news is that Leland McMurphy still gets 2 more wins before he gets kicked out of the class
    Moby Grape Racing
    "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Thanks for getting me out

Big thanks to John Biaggio for loaning me his driving gear, what a nice thing to do. Also thanks to my crew, Santi, Alex and Mike, they are the best.
    Moby Grape Racing
    "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

I see from the pictures that you got a wee bit wet too ! Glad you had Fun, that is the important part ! Glad I could help, wish I could have been there to see your face when you finished !

John B.

Comment

Could you post a pic of the 'spec' prop you are using.
        -on a 16mm shaft, or ,,???
        bh/
        Brian Hendrick, #66 F
        "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Tony, Ron, et all: you guys and gals are just one more reason why I'm so excited to say I'm a member of Region 10's Seattle Outboard Association. Glad you got to go boating. Keep on keeping on.
          http://vitalire.com/

Comment

Ron has the props.

He's on here sometimes, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind. I do know that they go on the standard aftermarket shaft Ricky puts on. Running it is pretty funny, they top out around 62MPH, and they all do it at the same time, seemed to be about 2/3 up the straightaway on my boat. If guys all start together chances are pretty good they're all getting up to turn 1 together too, makes for some great turn 1 racing.

Originally posted by bh/ View Post
            Could you post a pic of the 'spec' prop you are using.
            -on a 16mm shaft, or ,,???
            bh/
            Moby Grape Racing
            "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

I'm trying to get the pics on
              Lewis will be here sunday to help
              Ron Magnuson
              999-R
              NC-1

Comment

Novice C props
                Attached Files
                Ron Magnuson
                999-R
                NC-1

Comment

Thanx;
                  -they look like KAMICS.
                  Is there any cup on them?

They should do what u want, and may surprise some
                  who think three blades are faster than two.
                  If we all ran 2 blades, rather than 3,
                  and spent the same $$$ on props,
                  we could have 50% more props to try
                  Brian Hendrick, #66 F
                  "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

props

There cupped you can see it looking close at #4 and others in the box
                    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
                    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Prop Marking? I have no idea what you are talking about Tony? This has been a great class for me to come back after a crash and learn to drive again and be competitive!! You guys put in a lot of hard work into this class, Ron, Tony, and Dave. I for one will always support this class, I am now competing with drivers like Mike Perman, Kyle Bahl, Kyle Lewis, Zach Maliot, and 2012 Novice-C World Champion Ron Magnuson! and so many other great drivers. Holy Crap I just won my first C-Stock race last weekend!!! How freaking cool is that! The only thing better than that was racing against the legend Tony Perman!!!! Can't wait for Eatonville!!

Comment

Novice C

I have some ideas to morph drivers from novice c to the new 302 ssh class. Will keep everybody informed. Dave

Comment

Working...
                        X