John Myers Memorial Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Myers Memorial Video

For those of you who were unable to attend the memorial service for John Myers at the Hydroplane & Raceboat Museum last night, you missed a great evening: drinks were poured, video was shown, many a John story was told, and the highlight of the evening was a 21 Cylinder Salute, which included:

-Merc 60J
    -OMC 15 Formula A
    -Yamato 302
    -350cc Quincy Flathead
    -Merc 650 3 Cyl
    -Merc 44 'D' Mod
    -Merc Mk78 6 Cyl 'F' engine

All engines that John built in his basement.

Here's the tribute to John Video: http://youtu.be/c-bQfJSpaq0

Hopefully we'll get a video of the 21 cylinder Salute posted later today.

Enjoy,

R-19
    www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

I don't know who put this together but I feel like I know him and know what he and his family has done for the sport. Thank you for sharing
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

John's Family put it together. It was a great evening to honor John who was a great guy. There were wonderful stories of someone who loved his family and his racing. Someone who helped his family and his racing. Seattle Outboard Assn. has been one of the best clubs because of his efforts and his family's. There were not just the engines that came out of his shop but those up and down the beach, patrol boat engines and the love and support of classes of yester-year and today. We will miss him for sure.
      Bill Diamond
      bdiamond@rrlarson.com

Comment

I was unable to attend last night, was glad Pat shared the video ! The family did an incredible job on the video, thank you for sharing it with your "extended" family.

John Biagio

Comment

John Myers

I was blessed to attend last evening’s memorial for John. It was a prenominal event attended by a huge crowd. The venue was perfect for this man who obviously was loved and well respected. It was quite fitting to have the 21 cylinders fire off from the various motors that John had built and all at once, shut off. The silence was truly deafening and was moving as well. He will be truly missed and fondly thought of. Great teachers always are.

I know John was looking down on his family with approval and a smiling face.

Kindest regards,
          Bob Parks
          Sande Ace Group

Comment

Thanks for posting the video link. It was good to see a man who loved his family and was always there for them. John was a father and husband we can all look to for and example. God bless John and his family.
            "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
            the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Comment

Thank you for the link; wonderful video. Shown in a couple of spots in the course of the video is a photo of two A Outboard Hydros of the late '60s running in close formation. John is on the inside driving his 10'6" cab-forward Karelsen, one of only two Ed built in that size range, with his early Quincy looper on the transom. On the outside, in an earlier model 10'2" Karelsen with an Anzani, is Duane Wallick, who passed away just a few months ago. You can read about Duane over on BRF, in their "Racers who have departed" feature. Those were good days, with good people.
              Last edited by Smitty; 05-20-2013, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X