Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Myers

The following was posted on JW Myers' Facebook this morning:

"The checkered flag has flown for a man that gave us so many checkered flags to call our own. At approximately 9pm Sunday evening, with his wife and teammate at his side, he finished the ultimate race.

We will miss Dad… "

Please keep the Myers family in your thoughts and prayers.

R-19
    Attached Files
    www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Very sad news. Please let us know of any arrangements.
    Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

RIP John

Comment

John helped me a lot since I started in the sport RIP

CMH. 61R
        Short Fuze Racing
        Team Darneille
        ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
        IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

Our hearts go out to the Myers family. John was a great man that everyone liked. He will l be missed by all.
          Darrell & Linda Sorensen

Comment

John

One of the first racers to help me get started racing....we have all lost a good friend. RIP John...

Comment

We lost a great person in racing, John will be miss by many... My heart goes out to the Myers family aswell...

Comment

Rest in peace, John

Our thoughts & prayers go out to the Myers family. Like many in Region 10, we would never be where we are at in the world of outboard racing, without John Myers. Kathy, JW & Kay, you know we are feeling for you...God Bless

Nilsen Racing
                Jim, Jamie, Jonathan & Rebecca

Comment

Outboard Racing lost a great man today. Old School all the way. Race in peace john.
                  Kyle Bahl
                  20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Myers family, Rest in peace John you will be missed.

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

We've lost a great one.

Comment

Sorry

While I think I met him only one time, i sure have heard about him. My condolences to the family and friends. May he race peacfully at Lake Paradise.
                        Dave Mason
                        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

I once asked my neighbor Ty what was your motivation to produce your award winning film Hydro's On The Lake? He said "I wanted to record John Myers announcing".

Comment

My Post of BRF

Default John Meyers, J-DUB's Dad

I really didn't know John very well. At Lake Lawrence, 1977, John broke the C Runabout five mile competition record. I broke the D Runabout record and the D Hydro Record the same day. I ran second to John in C Runabout.

I met J-Dub at various races over the years. About six years ago he stopped by my house to talk "PROPS". Out of the blue he said, "Tell me the truth about my dad's C Runabout record." I said, "Simple, J-DUB, I got a good start and your dad ran past me on the way to the first turn, he was fast." J-DUB said, "Well that is what my dad always said, but I wasn't sure that was the truth."

The last time I saw John was at the Hydroplane Museum, about six years ago when I went to Jack Leek's memorial ceremony with Jimbo McConnell. John made me pitch gauges and he brought a few to the museum for me..

I'm sorry for John's passing as I know John is from my era, I realize that for me, there are more yesterdays than tomorrows.

From what I knew of John, he knew his ****.....He was proud of J-DUB and so am I.

Good bye my friend, next time we race on a record course, I'll beat your ***!

Comment

John will be missed in Seattle and all over the West coast.
                              He was a Machinist by trade, as I am.
                              We used to talk a lot of Shop, and engines. Good times.
                              He didn't have to say it, but everyone could see how proud of JW, and Kay he was.
                              As well as his wife Cathy, always by his side and working her tail off.
                              He was well rounded in that he could do it all.
                              He could build or repair boats or any engine Stock, Mod, Pro from a J to a 1100cc
                              Even JWs 7 Litre.
                              His Engines Won many Region High Points, set Kilo, and Closed course Competition Records, National Championships, National High Points, and
                              HALL of CHAMPIONS.
                              He was a great Announcer, ran the Scanners @ Devils Lake Kilos.
                              He also helped in Inspecting because of his knowledge of motors.
                              He helped so many people get started into racing.
                              He was always helping someone, or S.O.A. He kept all the Club engines in good running condition. We all know what a beating they take.
                              There is a Huge hole in Seattle that may never be filled with the loss of this soft spoken man.

RIP John

Comment

Working...
                              X