More good news from Novice C world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More good news from Novice C world

With a gigantic thanks to Theresa at hydroracer.net, our propeller fund is off to a great start. Theresa will be donating $250 towards our goal of purchasing 8-10 matched props for next year (and many years to come). Inspired by Theresa's generosity Moby Grape Racing will also be donating $100to the fund. Harry Pinner, who is giving us a great deal on these props is standing by to make more for us, so as soon as I get more money gathered up we'll get them made.

When you see the good folks from Montana or get a chance to give hydroracer.net a plug or some advertising, remember their support of the Novice C class.
    Moby Grape Racing
    "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

I think this is a great project. Tell me where to send my $100.00.

Comment

PM sent

And a huge thanks from all the folks at the NCRC (Novice c Racing Commission)

Originally posted by T Chance View Post
      I think this is a great project. Tell me where to send my $100.00.
      Moby Grape Racing
      "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

This is incredible

You have to be kind of an old fart to get this reference, but so far I think we would make Jerry Lewis jealous. Thanks to TChance and a donor that wishes to remain anonymous, we have $700 pledged so far. The part that is really mind blowing is that it hasn't been 12 hours since I posted this. You guys rock!
        Moby Grape Racing
        "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

I'm in for $ 100 . Where do we send the donation to ? Thanks for your dedication promoting this class Tony !

Comment

props

Hey wasenko...100 bucks candian or 100 bucks american?

Comment

Your choice, check the exchange rates...............

Comment

Exchange

Canadian dollar $0.992737 cents on the dollar. Pretty much a wash as of this morning and if Aussie Steve wants to join in the exchange rate is $0.968010 mate

Comment

Rates

Dang it..thought I had you there. Anyway..I am off to work on my death trap as Wasenko calls it...

Comment

Doing great so far

I believe at last count we are sitting at $800 pledged. I will have to run this by the commision but I think that if we can raise $1250 that should get us 10 props, which should be enough. Anything above and beyond that will be used as seed many to buy props for any other region that wants to try this class out (provided our prop maker wants to keep making them

Keep up the good works all.
                    Moby Grape Racing
                    "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Originally posted by ronronx View Post
                      Canadian dollar $0.992737 cents on the dollar. Pretty much a wash as of this morning and if Aussie Steve wants to join in the exchange rate is $0.968010 mate
                      AUD is still up there

Yes I will be making a donation to ,I would love to see this class keep doing so well I was there with everyone else on the edge of my seat every time the class ran , it was amazing how much everyone got into it with there favorites and would talk them up like rock stars lololol .

CMH. 61R
                      Short Fuze Racing
                      Team Darneille
                      ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
                      IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

Almost makes me want to move to the "Left Coast"...Sounds like you folks have a good program going out there. Is this "just" a Region 10 "local class"? Seems here in Region 6..we're going w/the 302 sealed class. I'm kinda on the fence re:That Class...seems like you'd be stuck w/a motor that all you could do is run 302 class. (Well Im sure you COULD run it CSR..but speeds way off??) Anyway Congrats to All!!
                        Roger A 68M
                        Team Casual

Comment

So amazing that a group of people can come up with a class with a few basic rules and make it a premere class in the Northwest.

By far this is a great success for SOA,CORA and all of the racers.

It has brought new racers in to our sport and has generated much needed funds for our region's clubs.

with the idea of spec props this class will only get bigger and with only a few phone calls, e-mails ect. the funds are rolling in, yes Tony you can expect $2.00 from Sue and I to make up the difference from Glen and Aussie Steve's international monertary exchange rate

There are quite a few threads on Hydroracer right now about how APBA should be run, well we all have opinions on that,
                          Some about more classes, less classes at outboard races,What NBRA is doing to grow their membership,Propeller on line,ect, as always we all have our opinions

Great thoughts on the new 302SS class, this could work, you know why? because APBA BOD did not think it up!!( remember the mouse classas one example?)
                          Jeff, Dave and a few others have a great concept here and with a little bit of luck it might not get the rules circumvented like every other stock class we have.(lets plug some more holes and make it legal) In my 43 years in this sport now the only class that did not have rules messed with was Super C, well except for the dry ice at the "77 nationals but that was a long time ago and it was not a motor modifcation.

I do not mean to stand on my soap box here and speak my opinion about whats good and bad about our sport BUT I will say that this IS the best class (novice C) we have going in the Northwest right now, the participation numbers are higher in this class than many combined PRO and MOD classes, a great class for the novice driver or a racer who just wants to go for a boat ride and be in the hunt.

Keep up the good work Tony, Dave,Ron and rest of the commission I am behind this class 100% keep it local and out of the SORC's hands and keep it fun!!

C.C.

Comment

Novice C/302ssh

It was a lot of fun working with the novice c group this year...some of the best and closest racing action we had was with this group....hats off to Tony and the rest of the motley crew for doing a great job on this. Once racers are out of novice C, I hope we can steer them into the new 302SSH class....would make a perfect seque....

Comment

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                              It was a lot of fun working with the novice c group this year...some of the best and closest racing action we had was with this group....hats off to Tony and the rest of the motley crew for doing a great job on this. Once racers are out of novice C, I hope we can steer them into the new 302SSH class....would make a perfect seque....
                              Dave,
                              What are the differences between Novice C, NorCal 400, and 302SSH?? Will any or all of these classes get hurt by the new 302SSH class getting started?

I don't want to stir anything up, just don't know much about about the Novice or NorCal classes. I have heard others asking the same questions in the pits...

Thanks!
                              444-B now 4-F
                              Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Working...
                              X