Hans Krage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hans Krage

I am sad to report that my friend, Hans Krage, died yesterday of heart failure. Most over here didn't know Hans, but he helped instigate, along with Dieter Koenig, competition between European and American drivers in world championships. He and Dieter first came over for the OF race in Phoenix and the next year in Fort Worth. After that his club, MRC, would pay American drivers to come to Berlin to participate in their annual race. More information will be available on the club website. www.mrc-worldwide.com/.
    RWD

Hans Krage

Ralph,

Thank you for the post. Hans was a good man and treated me well when I was stationed with the US Army Berlin Brigade. Although I was in Berlin as a US Army of Occupation soldier, Hans and the German OSY 400 MRC Youth Racing Group took me in as one of their own and allowed me to race one of his boats under the German flag. I think of him often and am sad to learn of his passing. He was a man I looked up to and a man who made a major impression on my life.

Doug McAlarney.
    Last edited by DougMc; 04-17-2005, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Hans will be missed. He helped the Pugh's as we raced in europe for the first few times. His helpfulness was appreciated by many. In the 70's, Tim Butts, Wayne Baldwin and David Westbrook were helped by Hans. In the 80's and 90's, it was myself, bro Gary, Steve Litzel, John Stevens and Pete Nydahl.

I have a pic of Hans and son Peer at one of the many florida races they participated in.
      Attached Files
      " It's a sad day when you've outgrown everything"
      Art Pugh

Comment

Working...
      X