No announcement yet.

OSY 400 Worlds, The rest of the story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great write up! Most important is the fact that Billy keeps getting closer and closer... You are the man that will bring GOLD to the U.S.!
    Dan Wilde
    58-C

"Don't let a win go to your head, or a loss to your heart." Chuck D

Comment

What a GREAT story and, once again, what a GREAT reporting job by Unity!!

Well done Billy & the US-A Team. You guys all do a great job, and make us proud. Looking forward to supporting the Team's 2013 Campaign!

otto
      "....that's one happy tub of beer"

Comment

The: U S 'America' Team !

Rockon!!!

the Mad Russian

Comment

this is why

way to go team usa, we all need to remember why we love this sport.
          this post tells it all. LOL
          smelt farmer

Comment

Our reporter said, "Allen spent half a lap sizing up the Estonian and realized that although Kuus was very quick out of the corner, Allen seemed to have him covered on top speed at the end of the long straightaways. Knowing he had only one boat left to pass in order to claim the final podium position, the American decided to sit on the outside and try to keep up the top speed. Racing by the starting docks for the last time, Allen finally made the pass to gain the seventh spot as the now unified Germans of Team-33 and Americans of The U.S. A-Team went crazy."

Oh the smell of the fuel exhaust, the scream of the engines, the spray, feeling just like I was standing there on the beach screaming for Billy! Great play by play. Just get in the boat and drive that thing!

Wonderful to read how racers and crews came together to get Bill back on course, gotta love it, and heartfelt thanks. Also, nice to read the comment from the official that has been at each event. Really gratifying.

Comment

Congrats to all participants at World OSY!!

A spectacular story of tenacious competition, sportsmanship and camaraderie.
              While in many sports/endeavours, fierce competition creates divisiveness and animosity, this sport is precisely the opposite, bringing people closer to share experiences, victories and defeats. This is an immeasurable strength of who we are collectively. Priceless.

Huge congrats to Kalder, Haugasmagi, and Billy with T-33 for doggedly earning Bronze podium finish!

PS: I'd like to ask input from US A-Team how the KK kneeler(weapon of choice) performed against the field of laydown's....obviously very well.
              Please share pro/cons with the community, which can help push the APBA OSY program.
              Stock Outboard Racing!....because other sports,....golf, football, baseball, etc....only require one Ball!

Comment

Wow!! Great job. You have my support
                Gary Rpmberg

Comment

Way To Go USA - Team !

What a great article and sportsmanship in all the world to help Billy get back out for the final heat. Congrats to the USA-TEAM for your finish and representing our great country with pride.

Tim Sidor

Comment

Congratulations Team USA

It is great to hear that your hard work and outstanding teamwork paid off against all odds after the spin-out and roll. Thank God you were not injured in the crash. What a great story about endurance, skill, international teams friendship, and recovery at an OSY400 World's Cup race. It is inspiring to see people in racing really care about one another and Team 33's willingness to pitch in on the hull repair to make the final heat competition more exciting and enjoyable for everyone. Victory goes to those who work the hardest to stay in the race despite the setbacks of unexpected mishaps in racing. Great driving, Bill.

Cheers,
                    Al

Comment

Way to go!

Billy: Very impressive. Congratulations!
                      14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Look People, Until WE Go OVER SEA'S "AND START WINNING WITH OUR STUFF" Than We AIN'T (NOTHING)

Comment

What? I Guess you guy's say what you want, "THE WHOLE DEAL IS, TO GO OVER SEA'S AND KICK BUTT WITH OUR AMERICAN STUFF, (not some used crap), THAT SOUNDS LIKE C-STOCK TO ME, You want to burn gas, then you guys are O.K, Put ALKY in the picture, (if I am not Mistaken, ALKY come from here)

Comment

Wonder how many will covert next year to KNEELERS?.....Looks like Billy's "kneeler" Easily had speed on the field.....Especially quallify'n........Talked to him at Lock Haven on the phone and he said the last 2 laps (out'a 6) were BRUTAL rough water............Great Job>> "A-TEAM"!!
                            Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 09-03-2012, 01:16 AM.
                            100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Awesome Team USA, Just Awesome! Michael would have been so proud! I know I am........ You Rock.........Lois

Comment

Billy - Racer Jr.- Allen,
                                You are my hero~! Your Maineic writer is awesome...Felt like was there. Need any help on the repair? 3-B may have started the OSY overseas version but YOU will be on top for the pride of all of us~! Next year- where?
                                racer giles

Comment

Working...
                                X