• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EUROPE - NEWs for 2005.

Some dates you may like to know. WORLD CHAMPs
    0 - 125 6 - 7 August. TALLINN ESTONIA.
    0 - 250 9 - 10 July. ERCSI HUNGARY.
    0 - 350 11 -12 June. DESSAU ?? GERMANY. UIM to agree course.
    0 - 700 28 - 29 May. UNTERACH/ATTERSEE. AUSTRIA.
    O.S.Y.400. 27 - 28 August. AURONZO. ITALY.

Dont forget you nead a UIM HULL, That meens KEVIAR inside and out for a MINIMUM of 2meters from C/Line of S/Weel to inside of transom.
    The other things you need are in RULES - 522-0 TO 529 UIM.
    ALL RACES ARE STOPED IF DRIVER IS IN THE WATER. AND RERUN.

New Rules

Where can I get a copy of the new UIM boat spec rules?

Comment

UIM Rules

Marc

the best place to see the exact boat spec rules are in the UIM rule book - that way you are getting them straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Each year the UIM issue a new rule book, which is traditionally available February time, so the very latest rules will not be evident until Feb/March 2005. However, the likes of Bob Wartinger should have a copy of the 2004 rulebook and will be enable to inform you of the agreed changes for 2005

Let me know if you have any trouble locating a copy and I will see what I can do for you this side of the pond

Regards

Corin

Comment

A quick one - all races SHOULD be stopped when a driver is in the water, but the UIM rule is a little wooly and it is down to the discretion of the OOD, as we have seen evidenced this year over here in Europe with races continuing when the driver has been deemed to be not interfering with the race.

As far as I know, all drivers are 100% behind the wet driver rule and getting the race stopped, but officialdom have a different take on thiings due to scheduling, water availability etc. etc. None of which, in my opinion, should come before the welfare of the drivers..............
        Team 27
        F:250 Hydroplane Racing

Comment

2005 rules

Corin,

I have a 2004 set of rules coming to me by mail but I still need the 2005 updates.

Comment

2005 UIM rule changes

I would try the likes of Messrs Wartinger & Hauenstein. Prior to the issuing of the new rules, the representives of the various countries receive proposals that they then vote upon. Following the general assembly confirmation of the voting is received and the exact changes that are to be introduced into the rule book when it's produced are sent to the country reps

Again, if you struggle obtaining details, I'll see what I can do here in the UK

Corin

Comment

UIM rule book

Anyone can order a UIM rule book from APBA. I don't know what the cost is, but I know they have a few in stock.
              RWD

Comment

175cc UIM World Championships at DePue

To Ralph,

Any latest news about the 175cc Worlds at DePue for next year?

I know for sure I'm looking forward to the event. With it being a World Championship hopefully many of the 125 guys will want to be involved... and of course any one else interested.

Say hi to Litzel for me and good luck as always.

Best Regards, Dean Hobart
                sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Working...
                X