River Racers "Dedicated" video is excellent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River Racers "Dedicated" video is excellent

I'm sharing this video I found on the the Cal-Ore River Racers web site.
    It is so well done, likely will win some video festival award.

https://vimeo.com/236950129

Very cool. I like the line about the guys that "drive in circles on lakes" like they (we) are doing something much less daring. Ya know, maybe he is right. Those river guys really are nuts, but very cool!
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Comment

Excellent video, thanks for sharing.
      Lee Tietze
      Machined Components
      Aluminum, Try Racing Without It!

Comment

That Rocked I would like to see more race footage. Does anyone have any links ? Bring that to the east and sign me up

Comment

Race legend Jeff Lewis with the film crew down at the river.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the video. I remember Jeff back in the mid 80'S with the same trailer with his fuel barrel on the top at the Modesto Kilos. Great guy!!

Comment

This is the best introductory boat racing video that I have ever seen.
              Jeff held the UIM ON ( 2L outboard) record, set at Modesto kilos. 150+ mph in an open cockpit hydro with a V6 Mercury using a Hubble overdrive unit that was never designed for that much power. Jeff still has this boat, he made demo runs at Boatnik a few years ago.

Comment

Darrell -I was on island 2 when Jeff made a 150 plus pass. Before his return pass he was adjusting his helnet. He started to take off and it came off. He turned around and picked it up out of the water put it on and took off

Comment

I was fortunate enough to watch Jeff several times at the Modesto Kilos in the 70's and 80's. He was very impressive for sure.
                  sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Yes he was,Dean. I too seen him a few times at Modesto Kilos and a class act person. I remember asking him when his helmet came off, he calmly said can you believe I forgot to buckle the chin strap. He also built Buzz Miller an antique hydro that was just gorgeous many years ago.

Comment

APBA needs to pay this group to make a promotional video..............
                      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

On my bucket list
                        where can I find the rules for river racing, engine, prop ect.

Comment

Working...
                      X