OSY 400 Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSY 400 Crash

Tim Cowan of Wet Side Productions have been following around a few Region 10 racers this and last season. He is currently working on a few edits from the J/Stock/Mod Nationals as well as the Pro Nationals to help Promote Region 10 Racing.

This is just his raw video of the crash; yet entertaining to watch nonetheless!

Boat and human were unhurt, but really, really sore.
    http://vitalire.com/

How did you do that??????????????????
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Duuuuuuude. Dude? Dude. I have no idea.... It's not like I've driven that exact boat for years and hundreds of laps.
      http://vitalire.com/

Comment

ouch.....
        Kyle Bahl
        20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

We were far away when it went but it just spit him without a bit of warning.

For me, I think it was the Kingston Lake Monster. In those parts the water has strange things in it. The race course is not too far away from a nuke plant.

Tim
          Tim Weber

Comment

In the video it looks like the front of the boat lifts and then drops back down, right sponson then digs in and tosses you out
            Gene Schertz 26V
            TEAM CAFFEINE
            Cranked up and ready to Roll
            Reeds for Speed!

Comment

This happened to me once years ago at Scooteney, transom gets kicked up by a roller then second or third roller kicks the transom up hard! I went out over the wheel without touching the boat. You can see the roller at :47, comes into good view at :49, hits twice, transom lifts...and kerpow!

Comment

• dwhitford
                dwhitford commented
                Editing a comment
                Same-same to me in AOH at the start at Valleyfield in a conventional O'Connor, b4 the era of picklefork hydros ... dislocated my left shoulder & cracked a rib. Double ouch!!

Originally posted by ricochet112 View Post
              This happened to me once years ago at Scooteney, transom gets kicked up by a roller then second or third roller kicks the transom up hard! I went out over the wheel without touching the boat. You can see the roller at :47, comes into good view at :49, hits twice, transom lifts...and kerpow!
              I would guess that John's 150 pound frame was a factor...........i am sure he had to 'lead' the boat down to make 396lbs. Lead and rough water don't mix well..

Comment

Since I had a great view of his transom for 3 heats, it was pretty ubrupt for sure, but the water was not rough at all.The weight distribution and engine height may have contributed.John was certainly fast while he was right side up!!!

Comment

Working...
                X