Helmet Cam Video Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet Cam Video Wanted

I'm helping a local nautical museum put together an outboard racing exhibit. One of the exhibits will involve an interactive display consisting of a class D runabout that kids can climb into and operate the controls while watching a display screen of an actual racing heat. We are looking for a number of helmet cam videos involving hydros and runabouts that would be appropriate for this purpose. Videos with sound would work best. Would anyone in the racing community having a video like to donate it to this cause?

Larry Stenander
    16N
    (716) 487-9682
    marinerecon2@hotmail.com

Feel free to use any on my youtube account:

www.youtube.com/hydroracer93r

there are nearly 70 to choose from.
    28-R

Comment

Couple other helmet video options

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtuxlAqr4VI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKo1t...eature=related
      sigpic

http://social.apba.org/

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPIuKo9oKic

First place videos aren't that much fun to watch...5th place is!
        http://vitalire.com/

Comment

Sounds like a real cool project. I wonder if you could feed the video into a set of virtual goggles.

I am not sure how to pull video down from you-tube. If that angle does not work out for you, I have seen good helmet cam stuff from Jeff Yungen (Jeff55v) and engine mounted stuff from Joe Schweckert (Proprider) and both have been generous and shared content with me.

Please take some photos and document the project for us: I would like to see how it works out and see pics of it in use.
          Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Comment

What helmet cam is the best I know Kyle's works good even under water
            Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Footage from the back

I have a go pro that I mounted on the boat. I can send you the original footage which would have better resolution than YouTube. Also, I am planning on mounting the camera next month for winter nationals to see Joe Paters wake in 20 Ssh, and can send that as well. Let me know!
              When it comes to boat racing and the wife, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, and of course I spent a number of nights sleeping on the couch!

Comment

Larry, P.M. your address to me. I'll get some footage mailed out to you on an SD card.
                This sounds like a neat project. Please keep us informed.
                Thanks!

Originally posted by G Stillwill View Post
                What helmet cam is the best I know Kyle's works good even under water
                George, Most people use GoPro cameras. They're good, and can now be purchased at most Best Buy electronics stores.
                Personally, I like and use the Drift camera. It has more cutting edge technology than the GoPro.
                Last edited by jeff55v; 02-18-2012, 07:23 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

Amazon has the Drift Innovation HD170 Stealth Action Camera on sale right now for a 159.00 including shipping which is suposed to be 54 percent off list is 349.00. Not sure how wet you can get it as it says water resistant and not water proof.
                  Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by G Stillwill View Post
                    Amazon has the Drift Innovation HD170 Stealth Action Camera on sale right now for a 159.00 including shipping which is suposed to be 54 percent off list is 349.00. Not sure how wet you can get it as it says water resistant and not water proof.
                    I use the Drift HD170. The newest/smallest model is called just Drift HD.
                    They have a built in LCD display screen, a rotatable lens for more mounting flexibility , a remote on/off, and more.
                    Water is the Drift's Achilles heel. The waterproof issue is resolved with a waterproof case sold separately for $40. I have yet to buy one. My theory is to just not crash.

The Drift's waterproof case video:
                    http://vimeo.com/22116994

Comment

Helmet Cam Videos

Thank you to everyone who sent me You Tube Videos and gave me permission to use them for my project. Unfortunately, I have not been able to burn a CD of any You Tube downloads. Apparently, I do not have the proper software. My son has a lot more skill at this than I do and the next time I see him I'll ask him to help me.

Larry Stenander 16N

Comment

If you would like to use any of my youtube videos please feel free to do so. If you'd like the actual movie files you can do that as well. I have Top O Michigan helmet cam videos and some modified outboard videos. My Youtube channel is Austin78M. Please let me know if you would like anything of mine.

Austin

http://www.youtube.com/embed/cbikIGJE_WA
                        Austin Duggan, 78M

Comment

Originally posted by csick View Post
                          ... Unfortunately, I have not been able to burn a CD of any You Tube downloads. Apparently, I do not have the proper software...
                          Larry Stenander 16N
                          I know what you're going through. I got your P.M. and will send you an SD card with my video files on it this week. That should make it a little easier.
                          Thank you Larry for your promotion efforts.

Comment

I have some footage myself... PM me if still interested..

Comment

Originally posted by jeff55v View Post
                              I know what you're going through. I got your P.M. and will send you an SD card with my video files on it this week. That should make it a little easier.
                              Thank you Larry for your promotion efforts.
                              Jeff, Did your cards show up yet?
                              Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Comment

Working...
                              X