Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500 Runabout video DePue 2011

This is Heat 1 I believe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfCekf8FqD4

Good race, but hard to watch anyone going that fast. So,,,,,here I am, Mother of N611, fastest runabout in the world. What does a Mother do? Am I mad, sad, angry, happy, proud, or scared that my kid goes that fast? Why in the h didn't he take up bochi ball?
    Shout out to Jimmy Wright owner, Pat Write mechanic, Terry (Dad) and Uncle Mike Krier for building that really fast rocket. Now, everyone to their room. I can't watch anymore.

Comment

There. there. As long as he is out in front...........everything else happens behind him. Be proud, be happy, and look forward to next season after everyone else has done their homework. Should be good..........

Comment

Good points Charlie. I was just kinda kidding with my post about Brian being the fastest. Winter blahs. The 500 runabout has to be everyones favorite. Mike Thirlby is probably the present KING of 500 runabout. The Gryz team continually does their homework, that is for sure. Next year will be fun to watch. The best thing about the class is that all of the drivers are gentlemen drivers. They know they have the fastest rigs alive and they respect the speed and each other. I don't really care who wins, the races are just the most exciting of any racing ever. I can't wait for the first race. Connie Pro-Payn Racing X21

Comment

I keep watching this video.. just seeing them turn into the shoot on the start can fire someone up..Great class
          sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

500r

This is a great video. It was fun to be able to watch the 500r class this last year live thanks to Pat and his crew for those of us not able to make the trip.

Todd

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeRacing View Post
              Good race, but hard to watch anyone going that fast. So,,,,,here I am, Mother of N611, fastest runabout in the world. What does a Mother do? Am I mad, sad, angry, happy, proud, or scared that my kid goes that fast? Why in the h didn't he take up bochi ball?
              Shout out to Jimmy Wright owner, Pat Write mechanic, Terry (Dad) and Uncle Mike Krier for building that really fast rocket. Now, everyone to their room. I can't watch anymore.
              hi mom so proud of brian every time see him drive my boat cant thank him enough! cant wait tell next year tell everyone i said hi . AS THE MOTHER N-611 SAID!! THE N-611 IS THE FASTEST RUNABOUT IN THE WORLD

Comment

Fastest Runabout

Herbie says: Whoa-just a just a minute here. I realize you a proud mother and owner. As I wrote after Pryor, the baton has been passed. The title of the Fastest Runabout now belongs to Tim Small. He blew by your guy and beat him by a half lap the first time out in in 500R-just threw the engine on the boat with absolutely no testing. Wait until the 2012 season.

Comment

Herbie, You and I were standing together in the vip tent watching the race. You were in your speedo and on your 15th rum and coke. Remember me? Yes, Tim is FAST. Tim is always FAST. Tim is always a gentleman, both on and off the racecourse, so I certainly feel safe with him on the race course with my kid. But you had one too many that day,.What you are saying is Not at all what happened. lol. Was fun day in the VIP tent though. All those old ladies were jeolous of me standing next to a 60 year old man with beer belly who was brave nough to wear a speedo. Or maybe you started on the rum and cokes a little early and just forgot your pants? lol

Comment

Fastest Runabout

Herbie says: sorry mom-you got the wrong guy-this Herbie would never wear a Speedo nor drink a rum and coke

Comment

Herbie !!
                      Isn't that a Volkswagon ???

Comment

No Herbie, it was you. Remember the race in Pryor? Heat one: ALL jumped except Tim, He is smarter than the rest. (Although physical winner was N611) Heat two: N611 by a mile. Heat 3: winner: Tim- as N611 sat on backstretch watching the whole race. So, I guess technically you could say Tim blew by N611. And, I do not mean to disrespect Tim or the new engine. Just stating facts.
                        Now, no doubt your new engine on Tim's boat is going to soon be the one to beat and the torch will be passed. The torch is always passed in racing. That is what makes it fun. But it wasn't at Pryor. As I said, one too many drinks that day Mr VW.
                        Actually, this year my money is on the old guys. Tim Chance is my pick. Maybe Jim Kirts if he will use super glue and keep himself in the boat. I think technology will be beat out by endurance and consistency. Tortoise and hare story for 2012 in the fastest non-capsuled racing boat class in the world. Which may also bring up another issue-How much faster can they go and still be safe?
                        Kinda hard to choose a favorite for me when I love them all.
                        500 Runabout MOM

Comment

500r

Looking at Waynes post here and the post he had on the 500 Konig for sale on E-Bay seems to me somone is looking to get into the class. Would be great to see a new driver added to this great class and the PRO category.

Sorry to get this Post side tracked but seemed there is a possible driver that is dropping hints here.
                          Wayne I hope your able to get into this class. If I can help let me know!!

Todd

Comment

Todd,
                            Thanks for throwing a line out there for me. I went to To Mike Schmidts and was able to get some input this weekend. The guy from ebay hasnt responded, But I noticed that he also had everything for the motor seperated. So may just call around in the next couple of weeks. Nic Thompson, I will call you tonight (couldnt get online to get your number).
                            sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

500 Runabout

The truth of the matter is, if you jump the gun and have a big head start on everyone else, you can win almost every race you run. In the first heat at Pryor, Tim Small started next to last with a new motor that only had 2 or 3 test laps on it, and passed everyone but Brian. By the 3rd heat after getting the jetting and setup better, Tim started next to Brian and when Brian's lower unit let go, halfway down the back straight, Tim already had a half straightaway lead and finished more than half a lap ahead of the second place boat. I am not taking anything away from Brian or any other 500R driver, but you all had a full season of getting your equitment propped out and set up to run, this was a first race for this motor and it can only get better. We now have these motors for sale and I will have them available for the first race. If interested contact, Rex Hall, rexfordhall@aol.com

Comment

Working...
                              X