Inverness Florida - 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inverness Florida - 2008

The US Title Series will return to Inverness, Florida the last weekend of March. We are moving the race site 5 miles north to Hernando Park. This site appears to be more promising with regards to the pit area and control of the water. The race dates are March 28-30.

We have made arrangements at a nearby Best Western. Mention the US Title Series for a rate of $89 per night. 30 room are blocked through the end of February. I believe that the hotel will honor the rate for a day or two on either side of the the race dates.

Best Western Citrus Hills

350 E Norvell Bryant Highway
    Hernando, Florida, 34442-4776, US
    Phone: 352-527-0015

If you have any problems, please ask to speak with Carol Marshall. She has been very helpful and a pleasure to work with. I know this is early, but we have had difficulty getting rooms in the past. Book early!!
    Last edited by David Weaver; 11-13-2007, 01:07 PM. Reason: typo
    David Weaver

Camping Available????

Comment

Originally posted by David Weaver View Post
      The US Title Series will return to Inverness, Florida the last weekend of March. We are moving the race site 5 miles north to Hernando Park. This site appears to be more promising with regards to the pit area and control of the water. The race dates are March 28-30.

We have made arrangements at a nearby Best Western. Mention the US Title Series for a rate of $89 per night. 30 room are blocked through the end of February. I believe that the hotel will honor the rate for a day or two on either side of the the race dates.

Best Western Citrus Hills

350 E Norvell Bryant Highway
      Hernando, Florida, 34442-4776, US
      Phone: 352-527-0015

If you have any problems, please ask to speak with Carol Marshall. She has been very helpful and a pleasure to work with. I know this is early, but we have had difficulty getting rooms in the past. Book early!!

just as I was getting used to the "pallet" ramp...........just kiddin!

PS: hopin' to make it again this year!
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Plenty of room for motor homes...Chris and John Stevens flew over the site and landed on the lake they said it is a great site.

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
        Tomtall 06

Comment

Plane Up

were they in a boat or a plane...? Can you hear the drums Hernando...?
          Last edited by thePuller; 11-15-2007, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Seaplane....

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
            Tomtall 06

Comment

Inverness..........

A good friend lives in Inverness and I borrowed his Mooney just before the first race and did a fly-over. I think I know where the new location is and it makes better sense with the lake access and being able to see more of the race course. I also did a fly-over on Lake Walberg in Gainesville. Bob Trolian and I tried to get permission to have a race there when I was in college (a hundred years ago). This lake would be an ideal spot for a race. Back then it was the UF ski lake and had REALLY GREAT pit areas in 2 or 3 places. We just couldn't get the UF president to give us the go ahead. I did 6 or 8 passes back then and used Bob's camera to take a complete picture of the lake and did a presentation to APBA before I approached the university pres. Got shot down after taking it to UF. Still would be a great place.............

Comment

Working...
              X