USTS 2008 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USTS 2008 Schedule

March 28-30 Inverness, Florida (New site this year)

April 4-6 Lake Wales, FL

May 23-25 Depue, IL

June 20-22 Winona, MN

July 18-20 Constantine, MI

July 23-27 Nationals (DePue bid)

September 12-14 Dayton, OH
    David Weaver

Raleigh

What happened to the Raleigh, NC race?

Comment

It's good to know Winona, MN is on again. I like that race site.
      Mark
      G-11
      125H
      When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
      Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

Comment

Originally posted by MJR View Post
        Marc,

Conflicts with the worlds?

Dave
        I always thought growing up would be cool, I was wrong!
        The other day GG laughed at me because I take more pills a day than she does....

Comment

Raleigh 2008

Originally posted by MJR View Post
          For now, we are not planning a USTS event in Raleigh for 2008, due to the potential negative impact from a world championship event the following weekend in Florida. We are concerned about spreading people too thin and a poor showing of boats.

However, we are looking forward to 2009. Frankly, Kristi and I need a year to search for sponsors, as we have been consistently late looking for marketing funds. Budgets for the upcoming year are typically approved in October and November (and are often committed to specific events). We have started calling around at the beginning of the new year and were not having any success. Potential sponsors were interested, but their funds were already commited. Therefore, we feel a little more confident looking a year out in advance to secure some funds from potential sponsors.

The City has commited to working with us too a much greater extent, which we really appreciate. This year's event had a healthy "take" at the gate, so we see a lot of promise when the weather acutally cooperates!!
          David Weaver

Comment

Marc

Our plan is to be back in Raleigh in 2009. I have already committed to a date with the City and the Park. David is correct we want to support the Worlds and don't want to force our drivers to choose between a USTS race and a shot at a Worlds.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
            Tomtall 06

Comment

Ok

Ok, just wondered.

Comment

I thought that I had heard of going back to Omaha next year. Anybody know anything about it.

Comment

Also meant to ask, how firm are these dates?

Comment

I just sent you a PM....all dates are firm with the exception of Dayton. I will know soon about Dayton.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
                    Tomtall 06

Comment

A couple of answers

Originally posted by Doug Hall View Post
                      Also meant to ask, how firm are these dates?

Doug,

There was considerable discussion about Omaha. The water level is back to normal, making the site raceable again. For 2007, there was a preference to race at DePue on Memorial Day weekend. Hopefully, we can work Omaha back into the schedule in 2008.

To my knowledge these dates are firm with the potential excpetion of Dayton which could move back one more weekend (the following weekend in September). This should be settled very soon.

David
                      David Weaver

Comment

Originally posted by David Weaver View Post
                        Doug,

There was considerable discussion about Omaha. The water level is back to normal, making the site raceable again. For 2007, there was a preference to race at DePue on Memorial Day weekend. Hopefully, we can work Omaha back into the schedule in 2008.

To my knowledge these dates are firm with the potential excpetion of Dayton which could move back one more weekend (the following weekend in September). This should be settled very soon.

David
                        He means 2009.....

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

Tomtall 06

Comment

Working...
                        X