X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 1 at Raleigh

So whats the word
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Results

I was'nt able to make it to Raleigh. I triied calling Tim Small but had no luck. Somebody post results.

Comment

Here's some results I just got off the phone
      1100h Shaun Mckeen
      500h Brandon Thirlby
      350h Robbie Erbel with his 250h
      500r Mike Thirlby
      350r Tim Small
      250r Chris Helsten
      125r Brian Payne
      K pro Amy Eldredge
      thats all RC could remember so they are unofficial!

Comment

thanks Bob

Comment

My team was the most excited about having Hunt Leavitt with them all afternoon. They said he looks great. What a great man.
          Connie Payn

Comment

Raleigh

Two great days of racing with perfect water and weather (finally!!). Only one minor accident and no swimmers for the weekend. Spectacular racing in 125cc hydro and 250cc hydro. In 6 heats of 125cc, I believe that only one boat in one heat failer to finish. Eleven 250 hydro's made for a wild ride on a barely 3/4 mile course (I am here to testify!!).

Chris Hellsten prevailed in both 250cc hydro and runabout. The "first" 125 hydro with 12 boats was one of best races that I ever watched. The ladies and gentlement can flat out drive!! Unfortunately, the judges stand could not identify every gun jumper. So, the final was re-run. I do not remember who one, but there as many as 7 boats capable of winning with the right start and a little luck.
            David Weaver

Comment

Great water and not bad weather....a bit hot on Sunday. Started at 1210 on Sunday done at 2:25. We had a decent turnout but I had hoped for better. It has been a good long season with lots of good racing. Thanks to everyone who helped with set up and tear down and the the Raleigh Parks and Recreation Department and most especially to the American Legion who raised over $1000 at the gate to help their National Childrens Fund.
              Congratulations to the 2007 Eastern Divisional Champions!
              Remember we have the end of the year banquet in Chicago so get your hotel and plane tickets today!

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
              Tomtall 06

Comment

Kristi and everyone else involved, Thanks for a great weekend of racing, I had a blast. Got to meet lot's of new people, and see some great racing. Like David said, 125ccH was unbelievable, and watching Curt H. pull through the pack in 250ccH was some of the hardest driving I've ever seen. Oh Kristi, don't worry, next year I'll bring my boat.
                Ryan Runne
                9-H
                Wacusee Speedboats
                ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Sounds like I missed a great race.

So who won 125cch?

Did Brandon Thiriby run 250cch?

Mark
                  Mark
                  G-11
                  125H
                  When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

Comment

Chris won 250H, Brandon had the wrong prop on his boat but they did not catch it ntil after the race...oops. 125H was flat out wild!! I think it and 250 hydro were the 2 wildest races of the year. I am not for sure but I think Tim Small won overall. You missed a great weekend of racing.

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
                    Tomtall 06

Comment

125 hydro final

Kristi, I got 1st until the unnessesary rerun of the final which changed the result to Wil Tetro 1st, myself 2nd, and Billy Allen 3rd. Great hard racing by all the drivers all weekend.

Comment

Wow!

Great racing indeed! I recall when PRO motors were problematic and usually required extra tow boats to clear the course after a heat where maybe 3 out of 12 boats finished. Those days are GONE!

The 125s HONK! Start, run, finish! The 125ccH heats were spectacular. 250ccH as well - fantastic races. The other classes were super as well, just less boats, but a few of the runabout races were tight finishes.

Congrats to Kristi and the rest of the race committee, y`all did a fine job.
                        carpetbagger

Comment

Bill
                          Kudos to you and Ray, you kept the show moving all weekend. I am so glad you came to help us instead of fishing this weekend.
                          Tim
                          Be nice......we need our volunteers!

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

Tomtall 06

Comment

No fishing ....

Originally posted by Kristi Ellison View Post
                            Bill
                            Kudos to you and Ray, you kept the show moving all weekend. I am so glad you came to help us instead of fishing this weekend.
                            Tim
                            Be nice......we need our volunteers!
                            The fishing is always Thursday/Friday, and my daughter-in-law wanted to give it a try so I took grandkids and dog sitting dutys and let her fish. Left Kill Devil Hills for Raleigh around 5 am. In the pre-dawn darkness I almost bagged a nice deer outside of Columbia, NC! Could have field dressed it and dragged it over for a pit campfire b-b-que.

Sign me on for next year. I lkove PRO races. Motors run and drivers drive like they stole the boat. With luck I'll find an empty hitch (easy 2,000 lb tow!) headed to Raleigh so y`all can have use of the boat Friday. The Naughty Lady is a `ho boat, lets anybody turn her key
                            carpetbagger

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Huson View Post
                              The fishing is always Thursday/Friday, and my daughter-in-law wanted to give it a try so I took grandkids and dog sitting dutys and let her fish. Left Kill Devil Hills for Raleigh around 5 am. In the pre-dawn darkness I almost bagged a nice deer outside of Columbia, NC! Could have field dressed it and dragged it over for a pit campfire b-b-que.

Sign me on for next year. I lkove PRO races. Motors run and drivers drive like they stole the boat. With luck I'll find an empty hitch (easy 2,000 lb tow!) headed to Raleigh so y`all can have use of the boat Friday. The Naughty Lady is a `ho boat, lets anybody turn her key
                              Hey Bill,

I thought about you the other day while I was sitting on the beltway at a dead stop coming from Tyson's Corner trying to get back over to Silver Spring at rush hour, took me a little over one hour !!!! 5mph the whole way! oh and the mixing bowl is done now, come on up one weekend I will meet you on 95 and we can sit in traffic for old times sake

Nothing like the smell of exhaust fumes on the beltway at sun down.
                              HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Working...
                              X