USTS 25th Season Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USTS 25th Season Update

The US Title Series has completed the 5 of 7 events to be held in the 2007. In most classes, the points chase remains very tight. The final two races will be held at great venues.

The weekend of September 7-9 will find the USTS teams competing on at the Hydrobowl in Dayton, OH. It is exciting to see the Alkies returning to a venue where so many great world championship events occured during the 1970's and 1980's. Adding to the anticipation is the opportunity to compete on a surveyed 3/4 mile record course. With cooperative weather, the potential for record runs is very high.

The season will conclude at beautiful Lake Wheeler in Raleigh, North Carolina. In addition to being our final event of the season, extra APBA points will be on the line as this race will serve as the PRO Estern Divisionals. Certainly, many points chases will be settled in Raleigh!!

Points Update:

KPRO - This is a 4 way race amongst Wendy Eldredge (1,100), Travis Ellison (977), Todd Anderson (925) and Amy Eldredge (869). The wild card here is whether school might interfere with some of the drivers' ability to attend both of the final events.

125cc Hydro - This is a very tight points chase with too many drivers to list here. Six drivers are within 220 points of one another and as many as 8 could conceviably earn enough points to claim the high point title. Qualifying for the finals will be key.

125cc Runabout - Now that Michael Ellison has broken his shoulder riding a motorcycle, it will be hard for anyone to keep Brian Payn from repeating as high point champion. Paulie Bosnich has the only real chance, but will need some bad luck to fall upon Brian.

250cc Hydro - Driving two different boats, neither which he owns, Brandon Thirlby has a 250 point lead over Bruce Summers and Chris Hellsten. With his dominant win at the National Championships, it may be very tough to catch Brandon. But you can believe that this competitive field of boats will try!! Qualifying for the finals will be key.

250cc Runabout - It is jammed-up at the top with Chris Hellsten (1,296), Rich Krier (1,234) and Tim Small (1,227) all looking for a vital win at the upcoming race in Dayton. But this class was terribly competitive at the Nationals and several other competitors will angle to upset these point standings.

350cc Hydro - This is a 2 man race between Gary Buskirk and Ike Yoder, as they have a spread of 500 points over the third-place Jeff Kugler. Jeff will try to rally at the last two races, but he may not have enough time. Only 53 points separate the lead 2 drivers and both have run well all season. The short course at Dayton may favor Ike, but Gary should have an opportunity to stretch it out at Raleigh.

350cc Runabout - Early season successes have given Mike Thirlby and Rich Krier a comfortable cushion over the rest of the competitors. But both had somewhat disappointing outings at Constantine and the Nationals. Will they be able bounce back and who will prevail in this battle between two vetrans?

500cc Hydro - Sean McKean and his Yamato have won 4 out the first 5 races. Sean has a 550 point advantage over Brandon Thirlby. It would appear that only Gremlins can stand between Sean and the high point title. But don't tell Brandon that.

500cc Runabout - Mike Thirlby has mixed three firsts and two seconds to create a lead that cannot be overcome. The fight is for second as Pete Voss, Tony Walk and RC Hawie are all close on points.

1100cc Hydro - Only Ike Yoder appears to have a chance to catch Brandon Thirlby. Brandon has won 3 of the first 5 races and has a 430 point cushion over Ike. Ike is a fighter and we expect him to make a charge at the final two events.
    David Weaver

I'm betting on Ike!!! Go Yoder He can do it
    Ben

Comment

Good Motor

Ike, IS THAT THE GOOD MOTOR? Go get em IKE.

Comment

KPRO v school?

Hmm... bad dad that I wuz I always checked the kids out of school for races, surf fishing expeditions, and a few other events. The kids had to meet my school preformance expectations to get the pass, a motivator fer sure. School objected of course, and I said, "Give me the names of three people who are total failures in life because because they missed a few ways of school." School: "*mumble-grumble*"
        carpetbagger

Comment

Dayton Pits

Does anyone know if the pits at Dayton will be open on
          Thursday for parking trailers.
          Tom

Comment

I sure hope so cause I will be there on Thursday and I can't just park anywhere. ...yes it is open.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
            Tomtall 06

Comment

Will campers be allowed in the pits?....Bob

Comment

Campers yes...tents NO. Remember there is absolutely NO ALCOHOL in the pits....they will arrest you.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
                Tomtall 06

Comment

She is right

They will arrest you if they catch you with a beer or any other form of alcohol. So everyone remember to bring gasoline to race with.... Wish I was racing Alkies when I had the run in in the pits with the local law, I could have told them it was the fuel we run...

Seriously though, the local police are very serious about no drinking in the pits, in a cup, or in the can. They also wander around on foot and drive by quite often, so use much caution. My suggestion, empty out a Pepsi can and pour it in that if you choose to drink in the pits. And don't engage any officers with coversation.
                  Dave Mason
                  Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post

Seriously though, the local police are very serious about no drinking in the pits, in a cup, or in the can. They also wander around on foot and drive by quite often, so use much caution. My suggestion, empty out a Pepsi can and pour it in that if you choose to drink in the pits. And don't engage any officers with coversation.

Please save the drinking for the hotel or restaurant or bar. Kristi and others have put in too much effort to lose use of this site in the future due to consumption of alchohol. And, I will want a cold as much as the next guy/gal when the day is done.....
                    David Weaver

Comment

Working...
                    X