Bravo USTS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bravo USTS!

I have been following the progress of Florida's speed week 2007 and would like to congratulate everyone involved with making it a huge success. From an outsiders point of view you folks have done a bang up job!
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

I drove from Miami to watch the Lake Wales races and I gotta admit I was very impressed with the entire event!!! Hat`s off to everone involved with putting on the show! The weather was great and Lake Wales is a great venue for spectators and racers. I sure hope that it happens again next year.

Comment

Usts

Whata show! I agree that it was a bang up job! first class every thing including the vendors and the kiddie rides. to top it all off the racing was as good as any event ive been to in a while ,my hat's off as well and Im hoping for a return for next year , Ken Godwin Lake Wales fla.

Comment

Originally posted by John Howe View Post
        I drove from Miami to watch the Lake Wales races and I gotta admit I was very impressed with the entire event!!! Hat`s off to everone involved with putting on the show! The weather was great and Lake Wales is a great venue for spectators and racers. I sure hope that it happens again next year.
        Thank You very much...Mike
        APBA Region 5 Dive/Rescue

Comment

Thanks Lake Wales

Wonderful hospitality and interest in our boats all weekend long. Thanks to the town for hosting us and many, many thanks to all the volunteers that helped put this together. Some of the best food ever sold at a boat race, I guarantee!!!

A great cause for kids that have to endure the hard-side of life much too early.
          David Weaver

Comment

all good

all the classes were a blast to watch, but my favorite had to be 500 runabout,, I mean these guys were going so fast and totally just rippin it up inthe turns dukkin it out side by side all over the place,, hey and one of our new florida transplants (R.C. Hawie) has a new Krier runabout that is bad to the bone .. im so glad we had aaccident free weekend and cant wait to see the USTS run again..

Comment

Originally posted by Ken G View Post
              all the classes were a blast to watch, but my favorite had to be 500 runabout,, I mean these guys were going so fast and totally just rippin it up inthe turns dukkin it out side by side all over the place,, hey and one of our new florida transplants (R.C. Hawie) has a new Krier runabout that is bad to the bone .. im so glad we had aaccident free weekend and cant wait to see the USTS run again..
              Pete Voss from NY is always exciting to watch in 500R. How did he do?

Comment

Originally posted by DougMc View Post
                Pete Voss from NY is always exciting to watch in 500R. How did he do?

Pete had taken a second in Inverness, but due to clips coming loose from the modulars - he did not run in the 1st two heats at Lake Wales - but when he did - he took a second in the third heat. Gremlins.

Comment

Big Thank you's to The Lions Camp for the Kids, Vertical Rehab and Bill Hosler for working like dogs to coordinate and make this race flawless. Inverness was also very sucessful once we got rid of the Gremlins. I think Mike Schmidt got it right when he said " Florida Speedweek has been deemed a success"
                  (just ask the guys who attended "boat camp")!!
                  Thanks to all the volunteers on the judges stand and those who helped set up and tear down. I think we will be returning for '08.

Mike Thirlby won the 500R at both races.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
                  Tomtall 06

Comment

One of the things a lot of racers do not know is that Mike Bowers is 10 pounds lighter he worked his buns off on the lake Wales race. He is so impressed with the show, and drivers that he met at the race he is going to try to do the race again . Every one should send him a big thanks if you liked what he did. I personally think it was one of the best shows I have seen in years.

Comment

Congrats

Kristi: Congrats to you and all of the USTS organizers. I have heard great reviews. Ed Hearn.
                      14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Thanks Ed: I must confess I am still tired I feel like I do after I get home from the Nationals. Mike Bower should have lost 10 lbs all he did was run up and down the sidewalk all weekend.....while listening to me squawk at him on the radio!!
                        The turnout was fantastic and I guess I got my point across about no hitting buoys and stay in your boat. Soooo many people worked their tails off to make Florida Speedweek a huge sucess. I am confident we can keep up the pace for the rest of the season.....and Yes Mike Bower, we would love to come back!!!

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
                        Tomtall 06

Comment

Good attitude

nice Job, see you in WINONA.

Comment

Working...
                          X