25th Anniversary Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25th Anniversary Season

If I am not mistaken, this is the 25th anniversary of the USTS. Does anyone remember the first USTS race?

Please come-out in 2007 and support the USTS races!!
    David Weaver

1982 is when the USTS was founded.

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
    Tomtall 06

Comment

Prior to the first race, we had a test session here in Knoxville at the Knoxville Boat Club AKA, NOA.

Attending were Gary and I, Harrison's, Brinkmans, Herr Ralph, Pete Hellsten, Mike O'Brien, ronny Messenger and some more I'm sure.

The first race would probably have been at Acworth, GA. remember Kristi, I think you and I were pulled over in my X-1/9 for sppeding through the neighborhood.
      " It's a sad day when you've outgrown everything"
      Art Pugh

Comment

Eric

Ahhh the things you remember....forgot about that one!

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
        Tomtall 06

Comment

1st Races

First USTS Races were held in 1983, we did not run that year, so I do not know where they were, but there was one at Solon, Iowa (Cedar Rapids area).
          So David is correct, this would be the 25th racing season.

Actual incorporation of USTS took place in 1984. Does anyone remember who won white jackets in 1984?

Kristi is also correct, the founding fathers (you know who you were) talked about and organized in 1982.
          Last edited by scorer; 02-12-2007, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X