Flak (sp) For Life Jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flak (sp) For Life Jacket

I have a lifeline knee jockey life jacket I bought last year. I am running 350CCH this season, and if I remember the rules right, I need to have impact material in my life jacket. What are the best options to have this added ? Should I send it back to Lifeline for a retrofit ?

Dad, Lyle has been on me to get this done so we don't forget before the season !
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

Dave,
    I checked this out this fall and here is what I found out, 3 choices:

1 - lifeline will do it for a price and you can send them an email (I don't remember how much right now but go to their website to get the email address and they will tell you). The one thing you want to check on is that they put it on the outside of the jacket, so you have flak, padding then you. I heard that on some retro fits, they put it on the inside (padding, flak then you).

2 - SRP will also retro fit a lifeline - shoot Pat Gleason an email for info. If memory serves me right, his was a better deal. Am pretty sure SRP does it with the flak on the outside but check with Pat to be sure.

3 - sell your old one and upgrade to a new jacket with the flak. I am pretty sure the prices have gone up some since Xmas but depending on how much you can get for your old jacket - it might be a better deal just to get new. The new jackets all have flak on the outside (or at least the SRP's do).

Good luck.
    Brian 10s

Comment

Dave,

A simpler solution would be for me to build you a 200-pound motor housing cowl made of 1/2 inch steel and painted with a nice flame job. Price is negotiable of course!!!

Dan
      O-49

Comment

Originally posted by dcrummett View Post
        Dave,

A simpler solution would be for me to build you a 200-pound motor housing cowl made of 1/2 inch steel and painted with a nice flame job. Price is negotiable of course!!!

Dan
        O-49
        What? the impact isn't for motor parts
        Nic Thompson

www.tbrboats.com

Comment

Thanks.

I will check around. I bought the life jacket mid-season last year brand new, so I really don't want to get another new one, this ine is just getting broke in and near comfy, well as comfy as a life jacket can be.

My old one was cut off me at Huntington IN hospital, when I blew the FER over. Kind of needed one for the rest of the season. Larry Gotchalk hooked me up good, and he lives not far away.

Dave
          Dave Mason
          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Dave-- Are you going to run any mod stuff this year, or just do the US title series? We hope to see you at Centralia for NBRA Natl's the week after DEPue pro natl's. Are you going to Zanesville Mod natl's?

Rick Miller
            34-0

Comment

Working...
            X