2007 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Season

Just a reminder the 2007 USTS season will begin in less than 3 months in sunny Florida.

INVERNESS REGATTA - Our opening event will be held in Inverness, Florida from March 30th to April 2nd. This will be our second regatta in Inverness. The 2006 race was an outstanding success and the city has even more plans for 2007. Watching 12 1100 hydro's making the start was an unbelievable sight last year!! This year is sure to bring more exciting racing.

RACE FOR THE KIDS - The following weekend (April 6-8), the USTS teams will make a short drive to Lake Wales, Florida for our inagural race in this wonderful town. Polk County has been a longtime home to boat racing and we are excited about the opportunity to race at a new venue here. This race will benefit The Lions Camp and its charities for visually impaired children and children with other disabilities. We are very fortunate to have back-to-back weekends in central Florida and we thank the Lake Wales City officials and the Lions Camp for extending us an invitation.

The paper work is underway for these two races and we will have much more detail about the respective events shortly. These two races promise to get our season off to a good start and to set the tone for competition will be set early in 2007.
    Last edited by David Weaver; 01-11-2007, 01:00 PM. Reason: additional info
    David Weaver

USTS - Florida Circuit

Just a reminder to make your hotel reservations early for these two races.

Inverness - Try The Central Motel (800)554-7241

Lake Wales - Try The Green Gables Inn (863)676-2511.

Mention that you are with the boat races.

For Inverness, there are other hotels near I-75 (about a 8 mile drive). For Lake Wales, there are a number of other hotels in Haines City and Dundee.
    David Weaver

Comment

The name of the race is RACE FOR THE KIDS and if any one would like to leave their trailers some place between the races they can leave them with me Bill Hosler or Pete Voss or RC Hawie Call me Bill Hosler at 863-557-6112 and I will make arrangements for them plus if they need transportation to and from a airport I will be glag to help.

Comment

Race for the Kids (April 6, 7 & 8):

Map: Take Rt 27 to Central Avenue. Turn at light on Central Avenue (head east towards Lake Wales and the pits)

Hotel: Green Gables - http://www.greengablesfl.com/
        Last edited by dlmurray; 01-05-2007, 08:59 PM.

Comment

2007 Season Continued

Updated schedule is now posted on the USTS website (USTITLESERIES.org).

We understand that for the first race, the local Rotary Clubs have ordered 10,000 race programs!! Looks like they expect the fans to turn-out again!!

For the Lake Wales race the following weekend, our traditional schedule is being shuffled in order to make an allowance for Easter Sunday. We will have a little more racing on Saturday and will start a little later on Sunday. MOre to come on each of these events soon.
          David Weaver

Comment

and I still NEED face pictures of USTS members or anyone who plans on racing in WInona in June
            email them to pgrysk@aol.com

Comment

Working...
            X