Upcoming Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming Events

Three races down and three races to go for the USTS 2006 season. The point chase is on halfway through our season and we have three great races left.

Constantine, MI - The annual warm-up to the PRO National Championships is always a great race at this venerable race site. Come celebrate 50 years of outbaord racing with Joe and the VFW over the weekend of July 21 -23. Testing Friday for registered drivers. 2006 Eastern Divisional Championship for 1100cc Runabout and OSY400. Cocktails and finger-food following Saturday's racing with a BBQ following. Remember the VFW serves-up a great, affordable breakfast each morning.

Alexandria, LA - The USTS returns to "World's Fastest Lake" August 25-27. This race will feature a 3/4 mile record course. More inofrmation to come shortly, but this race promises to be hot in the pits and on the water. A Friday night trip to Tunk's is a must!!

Raleigh, NC - Last year's windy condition was a fluke according to NC State University, so we are optimistic for this year's race at beautiful Lake Wheeler. This is a fantastic venue and the City (and Park) are excited to have us return. Look for some exciting additions to this year's event and another great turnout of boats.
    David Weaver

Contact for Pineville Race in August

What club is putting on this race and who can I call.

thank you

Bob Keogler
    Kegs

Comment

Bob,

The US Title Series is putting on the race in Alex. You may email me at Parroth222@aol.com. I am the race director for the race.

Kristi Ellison

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
      Tomtall 06

Comment

Kristi,
        Just so you know, Bob is the greatest volunteer in the world!
        He loves boat racing after having moved from the NE to LA. He brings his own pick up boat and helps out all week end. Make sure you contact Bob as he is one in a million.
        He sure helped out at the Winter Nationals.
        Connie

Comment

Thanks Connie! Bob if my aol email does not work you may also email me at Kristi.ellison@us.army.mil

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
          Tomtall 06

Comment

ProHydroRacer

My questions, where so that I would know who to contact, and that I may offer assistance at the race.

Answer to your question "what planet am I from" - New York

Look foward to meeting you!

Bob Keogler
            Kegs

Comment

Bob

I grew up on LI so we are from the same planet!! I look forward to hearing from you.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

Tomtall 06

Comment

50th Anniversary Regatta at Constantine, MI

US TITLE SERIES RETURNS TO CONSTANTINE FOR 50TH ANNIVERSARY

The US Title Series will return to Constantine, MI over the weekend of July 21-23 for three days of exciting Professional Outboard Racing (“PRO”). This weekend will mark 50 years of PRO or Alky competition at this wonderful racing venue. Over 100 participants from across the United States are expected to attend this premiere racing competition. Competitors will be using sophisticated engines fueled by methanol (alcohol, thus Alkies) to compete at speeds approaching 100mph over an approximately 1 mile course. Engines ranging from single-cylinder 125cc’s to four-cylinder 1100cc’s will generate RPM’s in excess of 13,000!! Classes will include both hydroplanes that float over the water and runabouts (monohauls) that push across the top of the water. Additionally, the schedule will include a class for children using gas-powered motors on hydroplanes. Each day’s competition will include between 15 and 20 heats of sprint racing, depending on the overall number of entries. Friday’s activities will be dedicated to practice beginning about noon and lasting until 6 PM.

Competition will begin about 12:15PM Saturday and Sunday following a short period of practice and the opening ceremonies. The American Legion Post 223 will once again serve as our wonderful host of this annual event. The Post will have concessions set-up each day and there is a central grandstand for spectators to enjoy. A nominal parking fee is collected at the gate. Spectators should take Route 131 to Constantine and look for the American Legion Post and signs immediately off the highway.

Thirlby Automotive (www.thirlbyautomotive.com) of Traverse City, MI and Bosch USA (www.boschusa.com) are the sponsors of this year’s event. The US Title Series is affiliated with the American Powerboat Association, the oldest active motor racing organization in the United States. Sunday’s racing will include 2 heats of the crowd-favorite 1100cc runabout or the 2-man runabouts. This class always generates excitement as the “deck riders” hold on tightly while their boats fly around tight corners with enormous horse-power generated by 4-cylinder Konigs and 6-cylinder Mercurys. 125cc hydroplane is anticipated to be the largest class of the weekend with a potential of 20 entries.

The US Title Series and the American Legion Post 223 warmly extend an invitation to all racing enthusiasts.
                David Weaver

Comment

Constantine

A couple of reminders for this race:

1) OSY 400 and 1100 cc Runabout are on the schedule for Sunday. This will be their respective Eastern Divisional Championship races.

2) All drivers should register by Saturday morning. Nobody tests without registering first.

3) We are planning a cookout on Saturday night. Usually the ALP 223 has a nice happy hour for us during the awards ceremony on Saturday night.

4) The Post will have concessions stands set-up each day.

5) We expect a very large crowd of boats and spectators. Please be considerate of others when parking your trilers. Leave access to the water for those that may have to park across the access road.

6) Turn Judges - Please volunteer at registration and help keep the show moving. Same goes for teardown. If everyone chips in, we can all be on our way to DePue at a reasonable hour.
                  David Weaver

Comment

Working...
                  X