125cc speeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 125cc speeds?

Does anyone have realistic data on how fast the 125 hydros and runabouts go at the end of a straight on your typical 1 mile oval? I hear things from 70-85!? I just looked on the APBA site and last year the kilo record was 76mph for Hydro, runabout is listed as 43 something? (typo I assume).

Anyone have a data aquisition plot for a lap or heat they would share?
    Fralick Racing
    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Andrew are you about to make the jump to PRO??????

Comment

Hey Tim...

TIM,

RESPOND TO THIS ONE.

sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Bob, I wont say yes yet. But I hope to make it to a race or two this year, and decide what I want to do. I think I could convince a couple people to join the fun from up here. And ASR is dead... you guys went inboard, Orchard went tunnels, Knox's are few and far between plus racing 20 and OSY mostly it sounds like now, their A's are all for sale. The kids growing up now-a-days seem to be too big for any A as soon as they are old enough to get good at the class.
        Fralick Racing

Comment

Need to clarify....

Yes we got an inboard but Jonathan will still be running ASR amd ASH. I'll still run what I have!

Comment

Sounds good, but regardless... how log will Jonathan be racing A? He's look slike he could be football star...
            Fralick Racing

Comment

I can handle this one....competitive speeds are 74-78 at the end of the straightaway. The 125R kilo record is correct due to very bad water and a sick engine.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
              Tomtall 06

Comment

125 speeds

75 mph will win most 125 hydro races, and 66 will win the runabout races.

Comment

wow that much of a difference between hydro and runabout?

at a typical USTS race what are the entry numbers like for the hydros and runabouts? (125's)

What's a typical entry fee?

It's one race over the weekend right? not a race each day?
                  Fralick Racing

Comment

The Difference between 125ccR and 125ccH

yeah that is a big difference in speed but i think it is because the runabouts are fairly new to the 125 class and they still havent done all of their homework on the design of the hull. I bet they will get to be with in 4 or 5 mph of the hydors eventually.
                    -Nick Hooten

Comment

At a typical USTS race we average 14-125H and almost without exception have eliminations. 125R we have 7 and it seems to be growing every year. The runabout class is a great step up from KPH.

Registraion for a USTS race is 35.00. Each class only runs 1 day / 3 heats. 125H runs on Sunday, runabout on Saturday.

I actually think the runabout speeds are closer to 70. Most of the drivers run a Krier or Small boat. We have a Krier and it is an awesome ride.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
                      Tomtall 06

Comment

Kristi. Could you please email me at Jnilsen529@cs.com

Thanks
                        Jim

Comment

Email sent

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

Tomtall 06

Comment

Originally posted by S.wolf
                            75 mph will win most 125 hydro races.
                            75mph won't cut it, that's about mid pack range...unless it's a short course and you have some accelaration

Comment

Brandon

Your right 75 won't catch Timmy!!

Why didn't you answer the birthday greeting Abbi and I sent you?????

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

Tomtall 06

Comment

Working...
                              X